|September 17, 2023
|Austin, United States of America
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Data Scientist as we prepare a response to assist the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We are seeking clinical/health informatics expertise to include quantitative support (i.e., data science, ‘big data’ analysis [using the VA’s electronic health record], and statistical analysis of clinical trials in order to provide Veterans, policymakers, providers, and researchers with up-to-date information on military environmental exposures. The successful candidate will perform a range of activities to support high-quality program evaluation and research (“new knowledge”) deliverables.
This is a remote position.
- Gather, assess, and synthesize data, scientific, medical technological, and policy information from governmental and nongovernmental resources such as universities, private organizations, US Government agencies, international organizations and recognized experts worldwide
- Maintain VA standards for data privacy and security
- Perform statistical analysis to include analysis of VA’s electronic health record, iv) facilitation and completion of regulatory documents
- Master of Science or more advanced degree with emphasis on databases, data architectures, and data structures, algorithms, statistics or equivalent.
- High level of proficiency in software including but not limited to R, SAS, and STATA.
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL databases.
- Expert in statistics.
- Expert in algorithms.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Work is performed with minimal supervision and guidance. Results of work are considered technically authoritative
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for data science and a desire to make a measurable impact, we encourage you to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional growth and development. Please submit your resume for consideration.