|November 5, 2022
|South Marylebone, United Kingdom
Location: London, GB, W1U 8AN
Company: Knight Frank
Due to the rapid growth of the data and analytical capabilities within the organisation, an exciting position has opened up for a Data Scientist in the Analytics team to strengthen and advance the use of data and insight across Knight Frank’s internal business functions and external client base.
Supported by the wider Analytics team you will design and lead analysis on datasets relating to residential and commercial property markets and global wealth drawing together spatial and non-spatial data on market performance, demographics and other phenomena pertinent to the study of real estate. You will be actively encouraged to look at new ways to analyse and visualise data, and you will bring the vision, spontaneity and confidence to contribute ideas that gain traction with our clients and wider market commentators.
The role will require someone who has a very strong data modelling background, an academic background is advantageous but not essential. An ideal candidate will have experience with using software such as Python, R, Alteryx, Stata and SQL. You will have the tenacity to see through complex problems and laborious tasks, as well as the vision and spontaneity to contribute new ideas that gain traction with our clients and wider market commentators. Disseminating your research and interests to a wider audience through blogs, conference presentations or academic writing will also be actively encouraged.
You’ll join a team who are passionate about what we do and who have fun doing it. As part of the Analytics team at Knight Frank you won’t fit the mould, you’ll help shape it.
- Strong communicator who can translate complex ideas into plain English, and engage and enthuse stakeholders
- To be able to identify and pursue topics of interest to the Real Estate Industry
- To be able to deal with senior members in the firm, and key stakeholders
- To be able to work with a degree of independence on bespoke research projects
- Train and mentor colleagues on technical aspects
- Impart technical knowledge to the wider Research Team (e.g. Departmental Briefing, Fireside Chats etc
- As a Knight Frank employee; to work responsibly, in partnership, and to enhance people’s lives and environments
- To use in-depth knowledge of analytical methods to problem-solve
- Develop and productionise models quantifying property characteristics and market performance
- Develop machine learning approaches which forecast real estate phenomena such as future transaction levels
- Extend Knight Frank’s insight capabilities through techniques such as NLP and deep learning
- To work closely with the Data Engineering function on data preparation and ETL tasks
- To be able to disseminate findings to a range of internal and external stakeholders
- To be able to advise other parties on best practice regarding data analysis
- To provide blogs and elements of research reports discussing analytical results
- University degree or equivalent
- MSc or higher in a relevant field preferable
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge on statistical methods
- Machine Learning both supervised and unsupervised
- Spatial Analytical methods a plus but not essential
- Proven experience in using quantitative methods for research
- Knowledge of Real Estate industry and its economics beneficial
To view other vacancies within the Knight Frank Group click here.