|Published||April 8, 2023|
|Location||San Francisco, United States of America|
Homeward is a technology-enabled healthcare provider delivering quality, affordable and comprehensive care to those who don’t have it. Starting in rural America. Today, 60 million Americans living in rural communities are facing a crisis of access to care. In the U.S. healthcare system, rural Americans experience significantly poorer clinical outcomes. This trend is rapidly accelerating as rural hospitals close and physician shortages increase, exacerbating health disparities. In fact, Americans living in rural communities suffer a mortality rate 23 percent higher than those in urban communities, in part because of the lack of access to quality care.
Our vision is care that enables everyone to achieve their best health. So, we’re rearchitecting the way it’s delivered – leveraging breakthroughs in diagnostics, remote monitoring, and a variety of other domains, Homeward is creating a new healthcare delivery model that is purpose-built for rural America and directly addresses the issues that have historically limited access and quality.
Most importantly, we’re aligning everyone’s incentives (ours, partner health plans’, and members’) towards getting and keeping people healthy by taking full responsibility and financial risk for the total cost of each member’s healthcare and outcomes.
Homeward is co-founded by a leadership team that defined and delivered Livongo’s products, and backed most recently by a $50 million series B co-led by Arch Ventures and Human Capital, with participation from General Catalyst for a total of $70 million in funding. With this leadership team and funding, Homeward is committed to bringing high-quality healthcare to rural communities in need.
Join us in tackling healthcare for rural America! We’re seeking a Data Scientist who is passionate about having a positive societal impact and using technology for good – solving issues of health inequity for communities that have been perennially underserved.
As an early hire, you’ll be a strong well rounded resource in the analytics space – dig into business intelligence and reporting, deeper-dive analytics, and support predictive modeling, leveraging your proven track record for success in healthcare analytics.
What You'll Do
- Identify needs and deliver analytics and data science products – from business intelligence to analytics to predictive modeling
- Develop, mature, and deliver our business intelligence strategy across the enterprise, across growth, clinical delivery, quality, and cost results for internal and external audiences
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify highest-priority research questions, analyze relevant data, and generate actionable insights that enable improvement
- Develop, design, and evaluate tests, spanning valid experimental or test design, identifying appropriate sample size, and conducting aligned statistical analysis
- Develop systems and processes to use our data effectively, accurately, and efficiently across the enterprise
- Collaborate with our Technology team to deliver requirements on the highest priority data sources and most appropriate structures for analytics
- Support and enable predictive modeling across growth and clinical delivery domains
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis and/or business intelligence development
- Demonstrated orientation toward ensuring data quality and accuracy on a case-by-case basis and at scale
- Strong technical skills necessary to perform advanced analytics: coding (e.g., R, Python, Scala) and experience with data management and visualization tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Looker)
- Collaborative spirit and ability to drive analyses with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- The ability to zoom in with attention to detail and with a focus on big-picture change
- Strong communicator of questions, challenges, opportunities, and results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with EHR, claims, data, and value-based care analytics
- Experience with marketing measurement, attribution, forecasting, and experimental test design and evaluation
- Experience performing machine-learned analysis with large datasets
- Previous experience building from the ground up on a small, fast-paced team
What Shapes Our Company
- Deep commitment to one another, the people and communities we serve, and to care that enables everyone to achieve their best health
- Compassion and empathy
- Curiosity and an eagerness to listen
- Drive to deliver high-quality experiences, clinical care, and cost-effectiveness
- Strong focus on the sustainability of our business and scalability of our services to maximize our reach and impact
- Nurturing a diverse workforce with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and points of view
- Taking our mission and business seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously– having fun as we build!
- Competitive salary, equity grant, generous paid time off
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Company-sponsored 401k plan
- Flexible working arrangement with hubs in the Bay Area, Chicago, and Austin
Salary: $120,000 - $150,000 per year
At Homeward, a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you have yet to gain experience in the areas detailed above, we hope you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Homeward is an affirmative action and equal opportunity, employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Homeward is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.