|Published||April 1, 2023|
|Location||Melville, United States of America|
Job no: 55541NGGJP00013039
Category: Information Technology
We’re Hiring! Our key client is hiring and looking to add a Data Scientist to their team. Please check the description below and reach out to us for more details if you are interested.
Work Type: Onsite – Melville, NY 11747
Duration: 1-year contract
- Accountable for using the schedule and forecast data to review the project cost/schedule integration throughout the Network Development Process.
- Provide technical input and project-level analysis.
- Understand data integrity, data structuring, and data quality management.
- Support the activities of other team members, providing input and analysis as required.
- Develop and implement short-term portfolio models. Perform analysis relating to the forecast as necessary.
- Develop short-term forecasts at both the system level and more granular areas such as the project activity level.
- Long-term forecasting using machine learning, regression analysis, neural nets, trees, etc.
- Implement process improvement and best practices, and remain abreast of changing technologies and industry best practices to provide a service that is fit for purpose.
- Work with internal stakeholders (including planning, supply, engineering, and operations) regarding forecast methodology and analysis and ensure our deliverables meet their needs.
- Analyzes project estimates and actuals to establish accurate historical project data for future use.
- Assists Project Managers with evaluations and refinement of project cost, cash flows, and budgets throughout the project’s life cycle by assessing and communicating status, variances, trends, and actuals.
- Analyzing and translating business needs into long-term solution data models.
- Working with the Project Controls Team to create conceptual data models and data flows.
- Developing best practices for data coding to ensure consistency within the system.
- Reviewing modifications of existing systems for cross-compatibility.
- Implementing data strategies and developing physical data models.
- Updating and optimizing local and metadata models.
- Evaluating implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing data systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in statistics, applied analytics, engineering, data science, or a related quantitatively rigorous field.
- 3 or more years of relevant energy industry experience.
- Expert using Power BI and data extraction from Primavera P6, dashboard development, contractor claim analysis, and progress them using a pre-defined work breakdown structure, to optimize the performance of a portfolio of projects and familiar with the issues that arise on projects and how to overcome them.
- Knowledge of the typical projects that the company undertakes including their durations, issues, typical durations, etc.
- Expert understanding of how individual projects interact with each other as a result of the company outage plans.
- Experienced in influencing, persuading, communicating, challenging, and negotiating.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity, and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, and regulatory representatives.
- Understanding of how individual projects interact with each other as a result of outage plans and project interdependencies.
- Must have intermediate knowledge or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, DAX Language, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Demonstrated experience with econometric or statistical forecasting or modeling required.
- Knowledge in time series, regression, machine learning, neural networks or similar used for forecasting is required.
- Experience in energy load forecasting is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to speak to higher levels of internal leaders.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling with Python and/or R is required.
- SQL skills preferred visualization of results is a plus.
- Knowledge of integrating short-term forecasting processes into the company's day-to-day operational and IT systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of data warehousing
- Advanced Excel skills are required.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication and team management.
- The ability to support, communicate and effectively develop working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of data modeling and prescriptive analytics.
- Possess strong analytical skills for evaluation of estimates, budgets, cash flows, plans and schedules to effectively monitor, manage and control schedule and cost.
- Sound knowledge of cost and schedule specification integration and interrelation.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports using written, oral, or graphical means.
- Wide-ranging experience using multiple project management information systems applications and software including Microsoft Office Suite, Power BI, Adobe Acrobat, Oracle Unifier, Oracle EBS, and SAP.
Ian Martin PBC dba Raise is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Ian Martin PBC dba Raise is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Do let us know if you would like any accommodation regarding your application process or employment by calling 1-800-567-9675 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!