|Published||March 21, 2023|
|Location||Durham, United Kingdom|
Based in Durham, we’re dedicated to bringing world-class career opportunities and a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 450 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us
What’s it all about?Insight and Intelligence drives Atom. The Insight and Intelligence team leverage Big Data technologies to maximise the returns from our data assets. The team also provide MI, exploratory analysis and predictive models which shape and deliver strategies in pricing, direct marketing, product optimisation, credit risk, fraud. The team also helps Atom Bank show that it is meeting its regulatory requirements.
The role will give a rare opportunity to work with all functions within the bank, giving insight to a wide range of activities. As the business grows, the requirements for analytics will expand, providing opportunities to develop.
What will your 'typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
- Developing and implementing various types of predictive models, segmentation strategies, optimisation algorithms and data mining analysis including:
- Supporting regulatory and compliance initiatives within risk such as IFRS9 & IRB models and stress testing
- Credit Risk scorecards
- Simulation models to help optimise operational processes to manage operational risks.
- Predictive models and analysis to drive pricing and liquidity management
- Delivering end-user solutions to enable customers to utilise predictive models
- Monitoring and maintaining models to ensure that they remain fit for purpose
- Providing peer review and challenge to analysis and models developed by other members of the team
- Delivering predictive models that generate significant uplift in business performance
- Delivering analysis in relation to key strategic projects
- Delivering analysis in relation to regular reporting requirements
- Delivering ad hoc analysis to provide key insight into business performance
What do we need from you?
- Degree in a numerate discipline with a high degree of statistics or comparable qualification.
- Experience of data analysis tools, such as R, tidyverse, dplyr, Python, SQL, SAS or similar
- Sound understanding of one or more of the following modelling techniques - collaborative filtering, support vector machines, neural networks, linear and logistic regression, decision trees, random forests
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Good communication skills - able to present analysis at all levels of the business and to non-specialists
- A self-starter with excellence time management skills.
What’s in it for you?
- 4 Day Working Week
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Annual Share Option - performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input - candidate can put in more)
- 'All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every 2 years in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan - expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance - 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover - 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development - professional qualifications.