|Published||March 17, 2023|
|Location||Vancouver, United States of America|
Known for our outstanding voices across the U.S., Audacy is the premier provider of local, spoken word, and premium audio content. For technical talent, we have created a team that leverages new toolsets, develops collaboratively with business stakeholders, and is pushing the boundaries of audio every day.
We are looking for an innovative, passionate and results driven Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing engineering team to help us build the future of radio and audio together.
You listen to Audacy content all of the time…and may not know how much more incredible audio content we offer including: podcasts, news & sports talk radio, and amazing music stations. As a leader in all-things-audio, Audacy is transforming the listening experience through innovation and interactivity–and you may be just the person to join our team to help us do this!
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for analyzing complex data sets, using statistical models and machine learning techniques to identify patterns and insights that will drive business decisions. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement data-driven solutions that address business challenges. Our Data Science team works closely with our data engineering team and a number of business verticals.
The Technology Team at Audacy is an organization that has leaned-in to hybrid work, having leaders and team members across the country. Our technical centers of excellence are in some of the best cities to live in (Denver, Philadelphia, and Chicago) and we pride ourselves in building amazing products, participating in local service with Audacy, and keeping our culture at the heart of our employee experience.
You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to new ideas, learn new technologies and design new features. We have fun doing what we do, and you will too.
If you love audio and building incredible software, then we are the place for you.
What You'll Do:
- Build, validate, and troubleshoot data science models using internal tools and metrics
- Perform stringent data checks to identify and address inconsistent data issues
- Contribute creative feature engineering solutions for use in data models
- Analyze output from automated tests to identify significant changes or issues in new customer data
- Communicate data science results and insights to other team members
- Research data science modeling solutions for new domains using independent judgment
- Collaborate in designing and improving the functionalities of internal tools
- Automate or help automate as many manual data science activities as possible
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
- Must have strong coding skills with python and SQL.
- Understanding of data cleaning and modeling.
- Data analysis, forecasting, and AB Testing.
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis and provide actionable insights.
- Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills, and project organizational skills.
- Familiar with data science related libraries such as pandas, numpy, scikit-learn etc.
- Familiar with data mining, statistics, and machine learning algorithms.
- Strong data visualization skills (eg. matplotlib, plotly).
The anticipated starting salary range for individuals expressing interest in this position is $110,000-$130,000. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity. This position can be located remotely or at one of Audacy’s offices in Denver, New York City, Philadelphia, or Chicago.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.