|Published||March 10, 2023|
|Location||Washington, United States of America|
- You must be a U.S.Citizen and eligible for consideration.
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
Conditions Of Employment
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: This position involves travel. A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- TIME-IN-GRADE: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade in the competitive or excepted service in the executive branch to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Experience in substantial, tangible experience applying data science competencies, including data imputation methodologies, dimension reduction techniques, complex entity resolution, natural language processing techniques, network/graph analyses, supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods, visualization, model/data governance, and user-centric design.
- Experience in using common data science tools, including scripted languages (such as R, Python, SQL, and Java Scripts), Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and analytics platforms (such as RStudio, SageMaker, RapidMiner, SAS, and Domino Data Lab), open-source solutions (such as Kibana, Kubernetes, and elastic search), and commercial off-the-shelf tools (such as Databricks, EMR Studio).
- Experience applying Agile methodology to manage engagement sprints through each phase of the innovation lifecycle from ideation through deployment.
You cannot qualify on education at this level, you must have experience.
- Knowledge of data science theory and the utilization of concepts, theories, designs and interactions of database systems, so the incumbent can design systems and conduct studies which will offer solutions to complex data problems where precedents have not been developed.
- Knowledge of, and skill in using advanced statistical analytical techniques to perform extensive technical evaluations, to provide expert advice and guidance to Agency management regarding database design feasibility.
- Knowledge of project management theories, principles, and practices sufficient to personally lead assigned projects, including expertise in developing plans and schedules; estimating resource requirements; defining milestones and deliverables; monitoring activities and evaluating and effectively communicating progress to agency sponsors.
- Knowledge of system interrelationships, sources of data, flow of information and availability of data among the various users, governmental agencies, private sector organizations, and the States.
For all types of consideration, experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Degree: Mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science or field directly related to the position. The degree must be in a major field of study (at least at the baccalaureate level) that is appropriate for the position.
- Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major field of study (30 semester hours) as shown in paragraph A above, plus additional education or appropriate experience.
- Help Help A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits