|Published||March 9, 2023|
|Location||Lake County, United States of America|
Job Title: Data Scientist
Job Location: Lake County, IL. can be Hybrid (couple days in the office, 3 days remote), or 100% Remote if not in Lake County
Job Duration: 12+ Months Contract (Possible Extension)
Per Hiring Manager: Selected Data Scientist 3 but open to either a level 2, 3 or 4 data scientists. Most critically, we need someone with BI tool experience and Spotfire and Tableau preferred. I left the location as virtual, but this person can be based in Lake County, AP32, or anywhere virtual in the US.
Data Science and Analytics is an ambitious team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers with a unique blend of Business, Scientific, and Machine Learning expertise that seeks to unleash the full potential of client data assets by bringing technology and/or data and insights to the forefront of decision making via fit-for-purpose solutions.
The Data Scientist role in Business Analytics role enables application of advanced analytics techniques across clinical development processes. Translates business and operational challenges into data-driven insights and experimental questions. Drives Analytics innovation and experimentation to enable data-driven insights for complex business problems across R&D by deploying advanced analytics techniques like Machine Learning and Visual Analytics.
• Connects with cross-functional teams to design work product and as an analytics consultant. Anticipates and identifies issues that could affect timelines or quality and develops options and solutions.
• Leads and helps establish the design principles and standards to ensure analytical work product is consistent across projects where appropriate and that user experience is optimized
• In addition to standard statistical methods, develops prototypes, test methods and algorithms. Leverages emerging statistical methodologies, ML and AI to drive innovative analytical solutions to create insights.
• Enables data-driven insights to support of clinical development continuum, including precision medicine
• Ensures adherence to federal regulations and applicable local regulations, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), ICH Guidelines, client Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and to functional quality standards. Stays abreast of new and/or evolving local regulations, guidelines and policies related to clinical development.
• Identify business needs and support the creation of standard KPIs, reports, and statistical analyses
• Responsible for coaching and mentoring junior team members.
• Work side by side with cross-functional teams as an analytics consultant to strategize on how analytics can help evaluate the progress of clinical trials, as well as facilitate discussions around emerging risks; Applies machine learning techniques to validate assumptions and predict future behavior
• Bachelor’s degree statistics, analytics, bioinformatics, data science or equivalent field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Must have 3-5 years of analytics-related experience in clinical research including demonstrated high-level analytics and leadership competencies.
• Advanced career level proficiency in R, Python, or other statistical packages. Intermediate-level knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques
• Expert proficiency with visualization tools like Spotfire, Tableau or equivalent
• Proven expertise with Machine Learning and other advanced analytics techniques
• Demonstrated effective communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate analytical and technical concepts in layman’s terms.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrated history of successful execution in a fast-paced environment and in managing multiple priorities effectively
• Experience working in Cloud Computing environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.) is preferred