|Published||February 14, 2023|
|Location||Ipswich, United Kingdom|
At AXA we're transforming the customer “insurance claim” journey by deploying machine learning models so that we get faster and improved decision making at key interaction points. This role is essential to the Claims Advanced Analytics programme that is driving this change. Specifically this programme is designed to embed a data driven, intelligence led decision making into the culture and way of working in Claims. Deliver significant indemnity savings, efficiency benefits and improved customer outcomes. Develop Claims’ data science capability so that machine learning and AI solutions can be developed and deployed internally in a sustainable way. Develop the Claims data asset.
As a Data Scientist within the Claims Analytics team, you'll be building end-to-end data science solutions that directly benefit the customers claims journey. You'll be key to executing end to end data science solutions and providing value through solving business problems. This is an exciting time to join as you will leverage our cloud-based data lake, design our advanced machine learning and AI models and influence the business in respect to its understanding and use of data.
At AXA we’re adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and the office in a way that works best for them, their team and our customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Scoping out the business problem and proving value via Exploratory Data Analysis to demonstrate the value of an ML approach.
- Creating and productionising machine learning models (using python, ML libraries, and Databricks).
- Processing large scale data from our data lakehouse.
- Applying MLOps, AutoML, model explainability best practices.
- Presenting the results to stakeholders in an intuitive way and assisting the long term tracking of the model performance to demonstrate value of the product.
- Experience of using PySpark to process large scale data, we use the Databricks platform.
- Python experience that demonstrates coding in Jupyter Notebooks and also the ability to write productionised code (e.g. a Flask API to serve a model).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with a strong desire to work in work with cross functional teams (Data Engineering, Cloud Team, Data Protection).
- Able to understand, explain and apply the relevant ensemble model to the appropriate problem.
- Able to apply regression, classification, and clustering techniques on predominantly structured data.
- To be able to demonstrate the regular use of Version Control software e.g. git.
- Familiarity with Graph ML or NLP.
What we offer
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits