|Published||February 8, 2023|
|Location||Liverpool, United Kingdom|
EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. Bringing together domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud and AI to create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations. EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect creating value from data to ensure faster decision-making and transforming operating models. Key industries including Insurance, Healthcare, Banking and Financial Services, Media, and Retail among others.
Headquartered in New York, our team is over 40,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For information, visit www.exlservice.com.
Role Title: Senior Consultant (Data Scientist)
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom (Flexible hybrid working with need to be in office 1-2 days a week)
Employment Type: Permanent
Summary of the role:
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated data scientist with a strong background in statistics, machine learning, and data analysis, as well as experience in working with large, complex data sets. An ideal candidate will have deep understanding and hands-on experience in using advanced statistical techniques to measure and monitor experiments, ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, and communicate findings to stakeholders and contribute to decision making by providing actionable recommendations.
As part of your duties, you will be responsible for:
- Work with the stakeholders to embed an advanced culture of statistically robust Experimentation, helping teams to make the right business decisions using robust evidence and reliable data.
- Assist in the design of experiments to help team generate and test hypotheses, as well as interpret results to maximize learnings and prove real value across the business
- Identifying opportunities to improve the quality of existing solutions through the addition of new data or application of alternative Data Science techniques
- Defining problems, scoping and planning projects.
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of the project and the relationship with the client
- Coach junior team members on data science concepts and algorithms
Qualifications and experience we consider to be essential for the role:
- 4+ years of experience working as a data scientist
- Ability to develop A/B test experimentation design and analysis as well as multi-variate testing
- Proven experience in using advanced statistical techniques to design, run, and measure onsite and offsite experiments
- Experience of using various resampling techniques to build distributions and estimate parameters
- Knowledge of quasi-experimental evaluation methods
- Strong proficiency in statistical analysis and programming – Python/R (python preferred) and SQL.
- Experience working in AWS Sage Maker Notebooks.
- Team management experience
- Eager to learn and develop technical skills – also happy to share knowledge with others
- Experience of working in Agile ways of working using Jira
- Experience working directly with stakeholders
- Analytical mindset and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Skills and Personal attributes we would like to have:
- Experience of working in E-commerce business
- Advanced Analytics and Data Modelling – Implementing machine learning techniques and advanced statistical modeling such as Naïve Bayes, SVM, Random Forest, and Gradient Boosting. Guiding junior members of the team in building ML solutions
As part of a leading global analytics and digital solutions company, you can look forward to:
- A competitive salary with a generous bonus, private healthcare, critical illness life assurance at 4 x your annual salary, income protection insurance, and a rewarding pension.
- At EXL, we are committed to providing our employees with the tools and resources they need to succeed and excel in their careers. We offer a wide range of professional and personal development opportunities. We also support a range of learning initiatives that allow our employees to build on their existing skills and knowledge. From online courses to seminars and workshops, our employees have the opportunity to enhance their skills and stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, EXL is committed to diversity. Our company does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
- At EXL, we offer a flexible hybrid working model that allows employees to live a balanced, healthy lifestyle while strengthening our culture of collaboration.
To be considered for this role, you must already be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.