|Published||January 31, 2023|
|Location||Atlanta, United States of America|
Type of Requisition:
RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other Required:
Data ScienceJob Description:
GDIT is seeking a Data Scientist to support CDC’s research and development efforts in analyzing data from the state-of-the-art immunological assays (multiparametric flowcytometry, single cell transcriptomics, B and T cell receptor repertoire and immunoglobulin clonotypes with LC/MS) to assess immune responses to influenza vaccination and infection in different populations. These studies will help in strategic decision making, program planning for control and prevention during influenza and related respiratory disease outbreaks, epidemics, or pandemics.
The position is in the Influenza Division (ID) of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), Office of Infectious Disease (OID)
- Manage and analyze large electronic health records data
- Perform advanced analytic programming with SAS and/or R
- Critically assess and optimize cloud computing systems, such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services, for collection and integration of data
- Assist with CDC data modernization requirements including supporting steps needed to migrate data to CDC data lake
- Communicate orally and in writing with internal/external partners
- Assist with preparation of reports, presentations, and papers for publication in scientific journals
- MS/ MPH (Masters Public Health)
- 1-2 years’ experience within data management and routine analysis of large data
- Must have professional experience using SAS and/or R
- Ability to work independently and as part of a research team.
- Experience working with large multidisciplinary teams.
- US citizen or permanent resident, position will require a CDC security clearance.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%Telecommuting Options:
USA GA AtlantaAdditional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.