|Published||January 21, 2023|
|Location||Beavercreek, United States of America|
Are you a Data Scientist who wants to perform cutting-edge research and development and data analytics in support of DoD projects in the Dayton, OH/Wright-Patterson AFB area? Are you interested in supporting ongoing and future programs that advance the state of the art in the application of machine learning and data fusion to remote sensing from Air, Space, and Surface? This position is based in Beavercreek, OH. However, there is flexibility for candidates to work from home on a part-time basis. You will design and optimize Data Science platforms and applications to advance national security objectives, conduct analysis and produce and produce impactful results, disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations with real-world applications.
In this role you will:
-Work closely with customers, senior principal investigators, software developers, and program managers on small teams to design and optimize Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence platforms to support our DoD customers’ goals related to remote sensing and sensor data exploitation.
-Work with a variety of large remote sensing datasets (Synthetic Aperture Radar, Lidar, Infrared, Acoustic) with application to DoD war-fighter platforms (aircraft, satellites, etc.)
- Support multiple simultaneous projects and take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently and collaboratively make discoveries that are mission-relevant, and package and deliver the findings to a non-technical audience
- Exercise your intellectual curiosity, quantitative acumen, and customer-focus to identify and create novel sources of data across a range of fields to improve the performance of predictive algorithms.
- Apply your strong background in experiment design, exploratory analysis, quantitative methods, user interface application design, and experience with customer outreach and engagement.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS//SCI clearance
- B.S. Degree in a quantitative or analytical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics and 8+ years’ experience or a Master’s Degree (or higher) with 6+ years of experience
- Strong familiarity with the principles of related disciplines such as Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling, Statistical Analysis, and Hypothesis Testing.
- Previous experience developing predictive algorithms with statistical pattern recognition, image processing and image classification methodologies, and/or deep learning experience
- Be able to support multiple simultaneous projects and effectively take high-level guidance
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively to make mission-relevant discoveries
- Good communication skills to effectively convey your work to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with Python
- Previous Data Science project experience using common tool sets such as Scikit-Learn, PyTorch, etc.
- A self-starter with a proven track record of active learning and creative problem solving
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
Preferred but not required skills:
- Active SECRET or TS//SCI clearance
- Proficiency with MATLAB
- Proficient in one or more big data programming languages, such as Java
- Proficient in object-oriented program languages such as C++
- Ability to analyze and assess software development or data acquisition requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions
- Have significant experience directly supporting defense community customers where you demonstrated progressive technical development and produced mission-focused outcomes
-Experience blending analytical methodologies and leveraging existing COTS/GOTS/OS tools in unconventional manners
- Experience manipulating remote sensing data (Synthetic Aperture Radar, Lidar, Electro-Optical, Infrared, Acoustic, etc.)
- Proven ability to lead project development efforts
- Familiarity using Git, SVN, JIRA, or other version control technologies
- Familiarity with embedded hardware/software development principles
Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.