|Published||January 8, 2023|
|Location||Aberdeen Proving Ground, United States of America|
- Serve as a senior Data Scientist within Software Engineering Center (SEC), responsible for planning, conducting, and presenting complex analyses in support of the organization.
- Lead a team conducting investigative studies, performing research and developing recommendations and documentation of results and interpretation of large and/or complex datasets to develop data-driven solutions.
- Develop/recommend statistical software and computer programs to perform analysis of information.
- Use programming language and tools to identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality for organizational missions, goals, and future planning.
- Develop and apply new analytical methods for justifying and explaining in detail the manpower required to perform various missions and functions throughout the organization.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on a variety of data science principles and concepts to construct data fusion products that merge data from different systems.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position.
- Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level I in the Acquisition Career Field Engineering and Technical Management within 36 months of entrance on duty.
- Selectees must be able to obtain and/or maintain a Secret security Clearance.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
Basic Requirement for Data Scientist:
Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science or a field directly related to the position. The degree must be in a major field of study (at least at the baccalaureate level) that is appropriate for the position. You must submit a copy of your transcript(s).
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below.
Specialized Experience: To qualify, applicants must possess one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as performing duties that include: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the NH-02/GS-11 grade level in the Federal service which includes: 1) identifying the data-analytics problems and creative solutions that offer the greatest opportunities to the organization; 2) writing code in computer programming languages such as R, Python, and PostgreSQL, Language to solve complex problems; 3) experience working with data in a cloud environment; and 4) leading a team of Data Scientist & engineers responsible for conducting investigative studies, performing research and developing recommendations and documentation of results. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-02/GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
This is a DoD Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (Acq Demo) position in the NH-03 broadband, subject to the CECOM control point policy. Management will set the pay for this position consistent with the qualifications and education of the selectee and the expected contribution for the position.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This non-supervisory position is subject to a salary control point equivalent to the GS-13, step 10 base salary, or if the incumbent's salary currently exceeds the GS-13, step 10 level the incumbent's salary will be put on a salary control point at the incumbents existing salary.
- All candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements will be considered. Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology (AL&T) Workforce applicants must have an Acquisition Career Record Brief (ACRB) on file in the Career Acquisition Personnel and Position Management Information System (CAPPMIS).
- This position is NOT 100% telework. Situational or emergency telework my be permitted in accordance with agency policy.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet the position requirements for certification in Engineering & Technical Management within 36 months of entrance on duty. (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisition University Catalog at http://www.dau.mil/).
- This is a Career Program (CP) 34 - Information Technology Management position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Due to COVID-19, the agency is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within a designated time frame identified by the organization. At that time, you may be eligible to request to continue to telework one or more days a pay period depending upon the terms of the agency's telework policy.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .