|Published||December 20, 2022|
|Location||Washington, DC, United States of America|
ECS is seeking a TS-cleared Data Scientist to support one of our mission critical programs for the Department of Justice. We offer the chance to support the world’s finest law enforcement organization and help the people that keep us safe. In this job you will support agents, analysts, and professionals and technology they use to fight terrorism, espionage, cyber-attacks, and major criminal threats.
We are seeking candidates committed to high quality to provide courteous and accurate technical information. As a Data Scientist you will collaborate with customers, often engaging directly with non-technical personnel, to understand their data science related needs, suggest solutions, and complete work in a timely manner. This position performs activities associated with implementation, integration, and support of computer systems in mission-critical response operations environment.
- Collaborate with CTD customers, often engaging directly with non - technical personnel, to understand their computer science related needs, suggest solutions, and complete the work in a timely manner.
- Perform programming, code refactoring, systems operations, and / or design under the supervision of a more senior staff member, or independently on low complexity tasks.
- Use tools and programming languages, such as C++, Perl, and Python to implement algorithmically complex information processing projects.
- Identify, recommend remedies, and / or implement solutions which enhance existing software and system capabilities, performance, security, and other related functionality.
- Evaluate COTS, OGA, Open Source and other existing software and systems for implementation in the CTD.
- Build and / or support preparation of technical, business, and end user documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline is preferred.
- Demonstrate working knowledge in one (1) or more of the following areas: UI/UX, front end engineering, API development, and / or data engineering.
- Great communication skills. Expert at being able to discuss and derive real requirements from non-technical customers and then build into relative tasks.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience and have a MS in Computer Science, or Four (4) years of relevant experience and have a BS in Computer Science.
- AWS certified developer.
- Cloud experience and / or certifications (AWS desired).
- Being a team player.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.