|Published||December 15, 2022|
|Location||Overland Park, United States of America|
Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
As a Data Scientist, you are responsible for applying machine learning techniques and statistical methods to solve business problems. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of technical and non-technical business stakeholders on a wide range of challenges. You must be able to work across the entire machine learning (ML) lifecycle, including problem framing, data collection, exploratory data analysis, model development, deployment, and performance measurement. Paramount to this job is the understanding that a Data Scientist’s ultimate goal is to create real business value from data.
- Extract, prepare and model large, complex data sets using a combination of skills, including machine learning theory, mathematics, statistics, and programming.
- Perform data mining and statistical analyses on ad hoc business problems.
- Define problems in mathematical terms. For example, “Why is product feature X underperforming?” and “What data on user behavior might help explain it?”
- Communicate important information and insights to business leaders using verbal, written, and data visualization skills.
- Lead and manage projects that you or your peers will be involved for Supply Chain
- Bachelor's Degree Quantitative Discipline (math, statistics, economics, computer science, physics, engineering) (Required)
- Master's/Advanced Degree Quantitative Discipline (math, statistics, economics, computer science, physics, engineering) (Preferred)
- 2-4 years Industry experience in predictive modeling, data science, and analysis in an ML engineer or data scientist role
- 2-4 years’ Experience with data scripting languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R)
- 2-4 years’ Experience in data visualization
- 2-4 years’ Experience developing statistics-based analytics reports
- 2-4 years’ Experience in the telecom industry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mathematics Calculus, linear algebra, statistics, and probability (Required)
- Programming Working knowledge of Python and SQL (Required)
- Machine Learning: Solid understanding of machine learning concepts and techniques related to supervised and unsupervised learning (Required)
Basic Project Management skills (Preferred)
• At least 18 years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Travel Required (Yes/No):No
DOT Regulated Position (Yes/No):No
Safety Sensitive Position (Yes/No):No
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.