|Published||December 12, 2022|
|Location||New York, United States of America|
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
This position is part of a growing Content Strategy & Business Intelligence team whose mission is to provide data-backed direction on how the NBA can best exploit content in pursuit of its business goals. In this specific role, your responsibility will be to design, build, and maintain advanced statistical models using data across all NBA-owned social and digital platforms. This role will work closely with internal and external data engineers to identify gaps in our existing social data warehouse and build tools that allow our team to more efficiently unearth business-impacting content insights. Success in the role requires a keen ability to connect dots, project manage a data roadmap and close the gap between data and actionable insights.
- Develop automated solutions to eliminate manual data tracking (e.g. browser automation tools, machine learning) and reporting
- Design, build, and launch collections of data models and visualizations that support multiple use cases across NBA digital media
- Oversee data migration and documentation process of social data warehouse
- Own NBA social, digital, and original content data modeling and analysis
- Develop tools to measure content performance and social listening at scale across all platforms and content types through the use of advanced statistical processes and natural language processing
- Define metrics and frameworks to inform social and digital content plans, campaigns, and initiatives
- Gather and use data from NBA social data warehouse to apply statistical modeling to analyze, predict, and identify trends across the social and digital landscape
- 2+ years' experience in data science/analytics space
- 2+ years' experience working with relational databases, SQL and familiarity with a variety of databases
- 2+ years' experience using scripting languages such as Python or R
- Experience with data analytics platforms such as Adobe, Tableau, Power BI, Google Analytics is a plus
- Experience with big data technologies is a plus
- A passion for data, analytics, and innovation a must
- Basketball knowledge a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- $80,000 to $100,000 per year
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Business Intelligence, Content Strategy, Data Warehouse, Engineering, Technology, Marketing