|Published||December 6, 2022|
|Location||Manchester, United Kingdom|
At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets us apart from the competition.
Our people are as committed to the success of the company as the players are to winning trophies. We offer a unique and exciting working environment, excellent training, with recognition and rewards for the part each individual plays. Sounding good so far?
Manchester United Football Club (MUFC) is one of the most successful and popular sports clubs in the world. Manchester United is more than a football club, it’s a global community. The Digital Products & Experiences Group (DP&E) within MUFC is responsible for the clubs overarching Direct-To-Fan Strategy by creating and delivering personalised and timely products, services and experiences for our fans driving deeper relationships and lifetime value.
As a Data Scientist you will help the company to increase its understanding and knowledge of fans and customers across the globe, and their behaviours across marketing and the Club’s owned and operated channels; to improve fan experience, and to identify strategic opportunities for increasing reach, valuable engagement & delivering lifetime value. You will be working as part of the Analytics Team with close cross functional collaboration with marketing, CRM, product & the other members of the DP&E team.
- Provide analysis, insights & recommendations across content, product, marketing & fan data, enabling the wider team to increase valuable engagement and lifetime value
- Report on performance of campaigns & notable activity identifying insights so that the strategy can be made optimal
- Analysis of club data, for example CRM and clickstream data, to identify behaviours that drive business value
- Forecasting and modelling to predict impact of business changes on KPIs
- Own the department’s approach to lifetime value and attribution building on and updating existing models and framework as appropriate
- Clearly present ideas and findings to a wide range of collaborators, including senior leadership
- Disseminate insights throughout the wider business to ensure decisions are data driven and acta as a go to expert for club insight and thought leader
- Ownership of the wider team’s approach to and vision for data science (working with our digital transformation partner to determine tools, approaches, stakeholder management & best way to use machine learning capability)
- People management & expected to upskill other team members in data science techniques
- Substantial prior experience of working in a similar role involving data science and complex data
- A proven history of delivering and presenting actionable insights and analysis to stakeholders, and to make data-led recommendations in a clear and understandable way.
- High levels of logical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to draw meaningful conclusions from disparate and incomplete sources.
- Ability to understand complex business questions and be able to frame the right analytical questions.
- Previous people management / leadership experience & comfortable with mentoring / upskilling wider team
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders across a fast moving, multi-faceted organisation.
- Confidence in interfacing with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience of building statistical models & a good understanding of propensity, attribution & lifetime value modelling
- Excellent attitude and enthusiasm for the job with a natural curiosity and affinity for data and analysis, organised and with strong attention to detail
- Appropriate technical experience of programming languages (e.g. R, Python, SQL), data visualisation tools (Power BI preferred), Machine learning techniques & data science architecture (Azure in use)
- A clear vision for how data science can best be embedded into the department.
If you would like to join the team and be part of our mission, to win the United way, please submit your application by 19th December 2022.
Manchester United endeavour to respond to all job applications, however, please consider that we receive a high volume of applications, and this may not always possible.
We recognise the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk at Manchester United, as part of this commitment this post is required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level, as well as full reference history.
Manchester United is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to background, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or other legally protected characteristics.
Manchester United is committed to working with and providing reasonable adjustments for applicants and employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application and perform at your best, please do not hesitate to contact us to make a request; we are here to help.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to you before applying for any of our roles.