|Published||November 19, 2022|
|Location||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
What’s happening at PwC?
As part of PwC’s global strategy, The New Equation, we’re investing significantly in skills, capabilities and technologies to address the breadth and complexity of the challenges that our clients face with their businesses and in society. One of our responses to this was establishing Tech Central, a technology focused function working alongside other PwC teams.
What’s happening in the function?
Tech Central is rapidly growing and the environment that our people work in is fueled by ingenuity, collaboration and innovation. Our people are skilled and passionate about the work they do. As part of the team you’ll experience an environment consisting of a wide range of technologies with ample room for you to learn, grow and innovate.
About The Team
Joining the data team offers multiple opportunities to work on cutting edge technologies & solve complex data problems. As a large organisation we have vast quantities of data moving around our systems ready to be organised, analysed & leveraged to create business insights that can help us operate effectively. As a data scientist you will be front and centre of helping to generate predictive insight from our data.
A Data Scientist prepares, analyses and interprets data to help drive decision making. Utilising programming languages they perform a range of advanced analytical techniques, including machine learning, deep learning and time series analysis.
- Can perform exploratory data analysis through the application of rigorous statistical thinking
- The ability visualise data to help with their own and others understanding
- Ability to gather, arrange, process and model structured or unstructured data
- Can produce efficient and maintainable code
- Can make value judgements on the scope of data available to them, as well as potential business challenges in being able access it
- Is able to explain the insights they have generated to a range of audiences, including non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to engage with Data Design discovery & process management
- Appreciation for data governance standards, controls and requirements and how they are factored into the data science process
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The Skills We Look For
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.