As the world leader in serving science, we solve the world’s toughest problems, like giving cancer patients hope, ensuring water and food are safe, and most recently, serving as the largest provider of COVID-19 solutions. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth. When you join Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll make an impact inside and outside the company on work that matters. #TechWithPurpose
The program prepares participants for roles of growing responsibility through a combination of rotational assignments, structured learning, formalized feedback, and mentoring. You will have the opportunity to work with senior Data Science and participate in various key Data Science initiatives.Participants will have 2 one-year rotation assignments during the two-year program. As part of the rotational program, candidates may rotate through locations including but not limited to: Pennsylvania, California, North Carolina, etc. Geographic flexibility is required both during and upon completion of the program.
Rotation examples include: Functional Data Science Support, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Applications Systems, Digital Technology and Delivery
The DSLDP program affords participants an outstanding chance to create results, quickly gain credibility and develop a strong company network over two years. Prior to completing the program, participants work with the Program Manager and interview for positions across the Data Science organization.
- Students completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree between December 2022 and July 2023
- Preferred majors: Data Science, Computational Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics
- GPA of 3.2 or greater
- Experience with programming such as R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Strong mathematical/statistics understanding
- Experience in data collection & analysis
- Desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in Data Science
- Related work or internship experience helpful
- Ability to lead, plan, and prioritize projects
- Proven leadership skill, learning agility, and flexibility
- Understanding of existing & new technologies
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
ACCESSIBILITY/DISABILITY ACCESS Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.