Data Science Lead
|Published||March 25, 2023|
|Location||United States, United States of America|
SilkRoad Technology's software and services platform helps our clients attract, retain and align people to their business. Our solutions start with Global Client Services to provide strategic HR and business expertise. SilkRoad Technology then designs secure solutions tailored to business requirements at scale for global companies. We deliver personalized experiences for employees to drive engagement across the employment lifecycle and enable measurable and better business outcomes.
Our Data Science team is seeking a Data Science Lead to own the design and use of machine learning and data science capabilities to relentlessly improve our talent acquisition platform.
Your contributions to SilkRoad will include:
- Designing solutions to improve SilkRoad’s talent acquisition platform by using a combination of traditional machine learning and data science techniques.
- Owning the intersection between Product Management and Engineering to drive actionable data insights and solutions across dozens of heterogeneous data sources. Implementing algorithms around recommendation models, predictive and statistical models for personalized searches.
- Scaling, testing and productionizing our data pipelining abilities while also bringing our data science initiatives to the next level.
- Creating compelling and accessible reports, dashboards, and presentations to broadly share our insights, results, and recommendations.
- Collaborating with stakeholders in the design and QA phase to ensure analyses and models are addressing business needs and incorporating a deep understanding of our products and processes.
- Ability to articulate and lead discussions on architecture and algorithms with the R&D team as well as non-technical stakeholders across the organization.
- Self-driven with the ability to quickly prototype ideas, perform critical analysis and use creative approaches to solve complex problems.
- Proven ability in implementing big data machine learning applications at scale and in production environments.
- Strong project and process management with proven ability for planning and delivering data products on time.
- Proficient with computer software including Salesforce and MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics or Applied Science is required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in statistical modeling, machine learning, data mining, NLP, and/or information retrieval.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in data-heavy products, preferably in a Data Science role.
- Experience and familiarity with Databricks, Python, and SQL. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools including Mode Analytics, Looker or Tableau.
- Experience in creating compelling visualizations with clear storylines.
- Experience working across the entire organization including Client Success, Sales, Product Management, Engineering, to understand and translate business problems into Data Science concepts.
- Understanding of Agile SDLC and modern data pipeline practices.