|Published||November 1, 2022|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
G-Research is Europe's leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
- 10-week summer programme (June to September 2023)
- 09:00-17:30 working hours
- Based in Central London
Our business is to predict the future of financial markets, applying scientific techniques to find patterns in large, noisy, and rapidly changing datasets. Our mission as a Data Science team is to help discover, enrich, and analyse data sources that will drive tomorrow's research initiatives.
In this role, you will apply your knowledge to support the exploration, enrichment, and even creation of new datasets for research. You will use your knowledge of data blending, statistical analysis, and machine learning methods to help scale and automate the way we analyse, validate, and visualise diverse data sources; and you will help build tooling to enable data science initiatives across the company.
This is a team at the forefront of the company's data strategy, responsible for finding solutions to some of the many important data challenges within the firm, meaning you will have a unique opportunity to make an impact from the beginning. The successful candidate will be comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with industry leading data scientists and financial experts, developing solutions that adapt to a rapidly changing data landscape.
The role will offer exposure to cutting-edge technologies in a high-growth industry, with opportunities to learn about multi-asset class systematic investing and big data development in an innovative and forward-thinking firm.
Who are we looking for?
- A strong undergraduate or Masters student in a numerical subject (Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Machine Learning, Data Science, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- Experience in Python, in particular packages such as Pandas, Numpy, SciPy, Matplotlib
- (Optional) Practical understanding of SQL databases
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for owning end-to-end machine learning projects
- Curiosity and critical thinking about real-world data, through exploratory data analysis and data visualisation
- Interest in building data pipelines for extracting/transforming data for productionised platforms
- Confidence to build relationships with both internal teams and external vendors, and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous financial experience is not required, although an interest in financial markets and securities is desirable
- Self-starting positive attitude, ability to thrive in an autonomous environment and willingness to learn
The following would also be beneficial:
- Active Git Hub/Kaggle profiles
- Experience selecting, developing and refining machine learning models
- Knowledge and/or interest in Natural Language Processing
- Demonstrable proficiency in statistical data analysis
Why should you apply?
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- Active G-Research community with weekly intern events
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Monthly company events