|Published||December 12, 2022|
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic multicultural work environment and the opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team where collaboration, creativity, courage, and curiosity play an important role. You will be working on exciting projects and benefit from a thorough on the job development, coaching and training.
Your commitment will be rewarded with a renumeration package. We provide flexibility to take care of both your career and your personal life by providing hybrid work environment with structural possibility to both work from home & collaborate in the office. You can also take your work abroad for up to 20 days/year.
At Toyota Motor Europe, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all. All of our recruitment decisions are based on the individual and their qualifications along with the job requirements. The selection process is without regard to nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, ethnicity, disability or other personal characteristics. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination as our individual experiences and overall diversity is our key strength. Together we have the power to make a positive change and go beyond the ordinary.
If you need any specific consideration for the interview process due to disability or any other reason, please let the recruiter know.
- You are fluent in English (TME business language)
- You are enrolled into a master’s in computer science (embedded software), electronics engineering, or automotive engineering
- You have a good understanding of software V-cycle (esp. V&V, validation process)
- You have (or you are willing to develop) a good understanding of validation process.
- You have already demonstrated programming skills in past projects (Python, C++, Matlab/Simulink…)
- Knowledge in requirement modelling is an asset (Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow, SysML / UML)
- Knowledge in LiDAR technology is an asset
- Knowledge of ADAS sensors technical design is an asset
- Knowledge in computer vision (OpenCV) and machine learning is an asset
- Knowledge in CAN communication and/or Vector tools (CANoe …) is an asset
- You have a strong interest in automotive and electronics systems.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Courage: you are ready to let go of the easy path to reach challenging targets
- Collaboration: you are a team player, respectful and inclusive in your style and you take a customer-oriented approach
- Creativity: your passion drives you to explore innovative ideas and challenge the impossible
- Curiosity: you combine imagination and fact-based observation
- Coaching: you share knowledge and feedback with your colleagues and celebrate each other’s success
Your team and your responsibilities
Within Electronics Engineering division, ADAS group oversees the development and the evaluation of the future ADAS functions (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) focusing on our customer comfort and safety. Those systems are using various sensor technologies such as camera, radar, and ultrasonic devices.
You will contribute to improve the efficiency of ADAS function evaluation on public roads by:
- Analysing current procedure of ADAS function evaluation and reviewing current evaluation data pipeline
- Understanding LiDAR technology and potential contribution to ADAS evaluation
- Researching state of the art procedures and toolchains for ADAS evaluation based on LiDAR as reference sensor
- Identifying proposals for potential improvements
- Setting-up new procedure and toolchain with increased automation to establish ground truth for public road validation based on LiDAR data
- Developing Python-based software module with standard interfaces to enhance the evaluation data pipeline (e.g. LiDAR reference data, wrappers for measurement systems…)
- Contributing to Toyota evaluation activities by realising tests on vehicle, recording and data analysis
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)