Data Science Internship – Deep Reinforcement Learning for Scheduler
|Published||December 8, 2022|
Imagine new horizons….
Dassault Systèmes provides businesses and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its 3DEXPERIENCE platform leverages the Company’s world-leading 3D software applications to transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. With its online architecture, the 3DEXPERIENCE environment helps businesses to test and evaluate the eventual experience they will deliver to their customers. Twelve Brands are dedicated to that purpose.
DELMIA is one of these brands, focused to bring value to Manufacturing supply chain networks. It gives visibility across all time horizons and all the important information. DELMIA enables to Collaborate and digitally Model, Plan, Optimize and Perform the operations of entire networks. Connecting the real world with the virtual world to anticipate and execute desired outcomes across operations. With DELMIA we can MAKE it happen.
What will your role be?
In the DELMIA planning & optimization department we are looking for a Data Scientist Intern with a focus on Deep Reinforcement Learning who will help us create world-class machine learning experiences that support our customers with their daily scheduling puzzles. This is a full-time 6-months internship based in the Dassault Systèmes R&D Lab in `s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
The assignment will be focused on Deep Reinforcement Learning using Graph Neural Networks and its application to Detailed Scheduling. More specifically, you will work on extending a GNN based DRL algorithm to cover a wider range of scheduling requirements (for example different type of time constraints) and on improving its performance.
The challenges ahead:
- Analyse the existing DRL solution and identify, design and implement performance improvements
- Benchmark the existing DRL solution against our world-class optimization algorithm and identify, design and implement quality improvements
- Evaluate the additional functional requirements and design and implement extensions of the algorithm to support them
- Spar with other Data Scientist about the design, implementation, testing, and debugging of our solutions.
Your Key Success Factors
- Relevant background in a broad range of machine learning techniques.
- Working towards a Master’s degree in (Applied) Data Science, Cognitive Science, Business Analytics, (Applied) Artificial Intelligence or similar.
- High abstraction level and analytic ability, including decent object-oriented programming skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Communicative, enthusiastic, persistent, and flexible personality who can get work done.
Do you have a passion for Machine Leaning, and more specifically for Deep Learning and (Graph) Neural Networks, being applied to optimization then this might be the assignment for you.
Please apply if you’re interested, and include your resume as well as a cover letter with a clear motivation.
As a game-changer in sustainable technology and innovation, Dassault Systèmes is striving to build more inclusive and diverse teams across the globe. We believe that our people are our number one asset and we want all employees to feel empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. It is our goal that our people feel a sense of pride and a passion for belonging. As a company leading change, it’s our responsibility to foster opportunities for all people to participate in a harmonized Workforce of the Future.