Data Science Internship
|Published||November 21, 2022|
|Location||Texas, United States of America|
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! From broadcast radio to digital streaming radio to podcasting, audio continues to grow – and iHeart, which reaches 90% of Americans every month, is the #1 audio company in America across every one of those platforms. We’re the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers; we build important connections with hundreds of communities across America; we create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America; and we have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting. Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia.
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
We are looking for talented, energetic, curious problem-solvers who will be a great fit into our fast moving culture. In turn, we will help you acquire specific skills where needed.
What You'll Do:
- Use data assets and mathematical modeling to optimize systems, processes, and products across iHeartMedia
- Use emerging tools and technology to develop advanced analytics models and automation in ad sales and operations, content programming, consumer insights, music research, pricing optimization, audience attribution, demand and revenue forecasting, or other areas of the company
- Assist with the formulation, calibration, validation, and implementation of predictive analytics models
- Employ a pragmatic approach to evaluate new algorithms and technologies for positive impact, focusing on delivering results
- Communicate complex solutions and ideas to a variety of stakeholders (other team members, IT leadership, and business leaders) in easily understandable language
- Work on a number of projects as a member of the project team and/or as an individual contributor
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using agreed upon technology
What You'll Need:
- Must hold or be currently pursuing a master’s degree or Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related scientific field with heavy emphasis on mathematical modeling.
- A demonstrable scientific foundation and understanding of concepts in area of expertise: for predictive analytics this includes theoretical statistics, estimation theory, consumer choice modeling, machine learning, etc.
- Solid programming skills in a general-purpose language and expertise in Python or R
- Exceptional analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills as well as solid communication and presentation skills with technical and non-technical audiences
What You'll Bring:
VIRTUAL CST, TX
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.