Data Science Internship
|Published||November 4, 2022|
|Location||Columbus, United States of America|
Job Description Summary
Nationwide Insurance is seeking candidates for various Data Science internship positions to join the Enterprise Analytics Office (EAO) from May to August 2023.
EAO Data Scientists support all of Nationwide’s products by working with business partners to develop integrated, end-to-end solutions contributing to company success. We uphold a high standard for methodological rigor using sound statistical inference and robust model validation in our daily work.
As a Data Science Intern, you will work with real customer data, build and evaluate predictive or explanatory models, and provide recommendations using impactful storylines and advanced data visualizations catered to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will use enterprise-class analytic software tools and platforms including R, Python, Tableau, Teradata, and Amazon Web Services.
Graduate or undergraduate candidates will be considered, from any major. Some statistical and/or technical background is preferred.
As a Data Science Intern, you will take an active role on one or more projects within Nationwide’s Enterprise Analytics Office and participate in many or all phases of the analytic lifecycle, including:
- Working with team members and business partners to identify, define and research the business problem to be solved.
- Acquiring, preparing, and cleaning data sets from one or more data sources, some containing millions of rows and hundreds of dimensions.
- Analyzing and visualizing trends and patterns in structured and/or unstructured data and effectively communicating relevant insights in support of business problem solving.
- Building, implementing, evaluating, and documenting predictive and/or explanatory models and sharing insights and practical solutions with the team and business partners.
- This internship will be fully remote
As an intern in the EAO, you’ll be part of a highly collaborative work environment and develop valuable technical and nontechnical skills beneficial to your development as a professional.
All the materials in this document are proprietary & confidential. Unauthorized use or publication of any part of this document outside of Nationwide is strictly prohibited. Copyright Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
We have an array of benefits to fit your needs, including: medical/dental, paid time off plus nine paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, company-paid pension plan, business casual attire, and more. To learn more about the benefits we offer, click here.
Nationwide is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels challenged, appreciated, respected and engaged. Nationwide prohibits discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any characteristic (or classification) protected by applicable law.
Benefits found in job post
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Pension plan