|Published||April 8, 2023|
|Location||Cambridge, United States of America|
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is on a mission to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. Our first product launched in 2012 and pioneered mobile usage-based insurance. Since then, CMT has become the world’s leading telematics and analytics provider for insurers, rideshares, personal safety providers, and automakers, providing telematics services for 80 enterprise programs in 20 countries. Powered by mobile sensing, artificial intelligence, and behavioral science, we measure driving quality, incentivize safer driving, assist users in crashes in real time, and improve the safety for millions of drivers every day around the world.
As a data science intern at CMT, you will develop models that represent physical phenomena associated with both car and human movements when measured by cell phone sensors. You will solve challenging real-world problems and assist in the development of innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets. Using knowledge of statistics, machine learning / deep learning, signal processing, physics, programming and data modeling, the data science intern will develop new solutions with guidance to achieve CMT’s objectives, and make valuable discoveries which lead to company-wide prototype development and product improvements.
- Develop models which pattern driver behavior in data collected via smartphone sensors
- Assure successful generation of analytical results
- Ability to clearly communicate and present the data science work
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Students (graduates and undergraduates) and recent grads can apply
- Deep understanding of data science principles, algorithms and practices, such as deep learning / machine learning, statistics and probability
- Solid experience with deep learning frameworks required e.g. TensorFlow, Torch, for data networking, visualization and performance, and demonstrated ability to summarize mathematical representations into simple data visualizations
- Familiarity with python development, SQL, and related technologies
- Desire to learn. We’ll provide detailed information on how to get these things done, and we have a welcoming team to provide help and support any time
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate based on skills and experience
- Flexible scheduling options depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to improve road safety around the world!
- Join one of our many employee resource groups including Black, AAPI, LGBTQIA+, Women, Book Club and Health & Wellness
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive and inclusive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.