Data science intern
|Published||December 22, 2022|
We’re looking for a Data Science intern to join our IoT Sensing team at Signify Research in Eindhoven.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to shape your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more! We have currently more than 100Million light points delivering data, and we welcome you to join our ambition to create even more value from that data.
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a data science intern, you’ll develop cloud analytics algorithms based on information provided by a distributed sensor network. The sensor nodes use low-resolution thermal imagers and are part of a space management system that manages office space usage level.
You will contribute to shaping the future of Signify as leader in connected lighting and the Internet-of-Things. We are looking for a passionate engineer who breaths craftmanship, creativity and flexibility. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you’ll do
- Develop cloud analytics combining sensorial information
- Develop algorithms to extract the location office space users and the office layout.
- Get hands-on experience by implementing cloud analytics on our IoT platform
- Work together in a project with experienced scientists and engineers
What you’ll need
- Master student in Computer science
- Good practical experience with software development for cloud computing
- Interest in developing innovative sensor driven IoT propositions
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills
What you’ll get in return…
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with deep international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
As an intern you will be part of the intern program in the Netherlands consisting of several events, trainings and networking opportunities with your peer students. Join us and shine brighter together!
Who we are
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people – redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi – internet connectivity through light – and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world.
We’re operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.
- EU/EER students: In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
- Non-EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be a compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to have a letter from the university in which it states that your internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals are and what tasks you will undertake during your internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
- Non-EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be a compulsory part of your studies.
Please apply only if you can meet the aforementioned requirements.