Data Science Intern
|Published||December 10, 2022|
|Location||Omaha, United States of America|
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worlds leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporations infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a Data Science Intern within its overall software/IT organization, reporting to the Manager of Data Services. This role will be responsible for participating in the development, testing, and delivery of high-quality data science and analytical solutions.
This is an hourly position based in our Omaha, NE global headquarters. Hybrid working arrangements are available.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in designing, developing, testing, and delivering high quality data science and analytical solutions, including new products / features and any artificial intelligence / machine learning solutions.
- Works closely with data engineering to obtain the necessary data and to generate data products.
- Develops presentations and visualizations to effectively communicate complex data analysis and machine learning concepts in a clear, precise manner to key product stakeholders.
- Performs advanced statistical analyses and data mining using state of the art methods, develops mathematical models to simulate outcomes and behaviors
- Adheres to the Lindsay data science processes, policies, and procedures
- Currently enrolled in a Masters or Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Agriculture Engineering, Agronomy, or a related field.
- Experience in research, statistics, data mining/modeling, predictive analytics, and artificial intelligence concepts and methods.
- A strong desire to communicate new insights and recommendations to product stakeholders.
- Ability to adhere to a methodical, scientific process of discovery including documenting experimental processes and participating in reviews of your work and the work of others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where constant iteration, improvement, and innovation is key to the success of the team
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrated proficiency with several of the following technologies and tools:
- Scientific programming languages (e.g., R and Python)
- Data manipulation libraries (e.g., Pandas, PySpark, SparkSQL)
- Geospatial programming libraries and tools (e.g., GeoPandas, Shapely, and QGIS)
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence tools (e.g., Tensorflow, Torch)
- Image processing methods for use in extraction of modeling features
- Data visualization tools such (e.g., ggplot, Plotly, Matplotlib)
- SQL / NoSQL databases (MS SQL, ProstgreSQL, Cassandra, etc.)
- Code repository (e.g., GitHub)