|Published||November 28, 2022|
|Location||Brooklyn, United States of America|
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee – whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop, or Elo7 – you’ll tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human.
What’s the role?
The Experimentation Science team focuses on developing and implementing at-scale causal inference methodologies on Etsy’s experimentation platform.
We are looking for a current graduate student who can help us prototype state of the art experimentation methodologies at the intersection of causal inference and machine learning to improve our decision-making process.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Manager of Experimentation, Causal Inference, and ML and the base salary range will be $70.00-$75.00 USD per hour. For this role, we are considering candidates based in the United States who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and vaccination policy here.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Develop and implement novel methodologies for experimentation, both independently and in collaboration with other data scientists.
- Build internal computational tools and packages (Python) for Etsy Data Scientists.
- Present your contributions to colleagues across Etsy.
- Present your contributions industry wide with a conference paper.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- Current PhD student in Statistics, Biostatistics, Economics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field.
- Experience in experimentation, causal inference, machine learning, and complex computational challenges.
- A proven track record of publishing academic papers in their field.
- Strong programming skills in Python. Familiar with SQL.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you'd like. As we hope you've seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.