Data Science Intern
|Published||October 29, 2022|
|Location||New York, United States of America|
Yieldstreet is the leading private market investment platform. We believe that private market alternatives should be a fundamental part of your portfolio. That’s why we’re unlocking access to make it easier than ever to get started. We partner with top-tier investment managers to provide investors with a wide range of opportunities across real estate, venture capital, private equity, art, short term notes and more. All of our offerings are curated and vetted by our team to help investors diversify away from the stock market with confidence.
Join a team of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages who are on a mission to make alternative investments more accessible. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B. We get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites!
About The Role
We're looking for a [10-week] summer intern to help develop data driven insights to inform our business. The data science team works across all aspects of Yieldstreet ranging from investing and business planning, to marketing and app personalization.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Head of Data & Analytics to continue to optimize Yieldstreet’s award-winning alternative investments platform
- Develop predictive analytics to inform views about forward supply & demand, user behavior, asset performance and impact of various potential interventions such as marketing or outreach
- Demonstrate the skills we look for in future full-time hires
What you’ll need:
- While some baseline level of coding experience is required, we follow the extensive published research and focus on hiring a diverse team smart, talented, engaged people, over hiring for specific skills or backgrounds
- Some STEM-adjacent academic background, ideally in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, or another technical field, with a willingness to learn on the job
- Intellectual curiosity, a positive attitude, willingness to work collaboratively, excellent communication skills, and a growth mindset
- Finance acumen is a plus, but not required
- Some level of experience with Python (Pandas) & SQL, or comparable coding experience
Internship Rate: $[8,000]