|Published||April 17, 2023|
Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
Data Science lies at the heart of Tenable’s strategy and we’re looking for talented interns to join our team in Dublin. We’re a group of full stack data scientists, focused on building data products to solve some of the hardest problems in cybersecurity. We’re looking for creative, business focused individuals with a passion for generating value from large, complex data sets. Successful candidates will partner and receive mentorship from a team of experienced data scientists.
- Prototype state of the art algorithms to power our product portfolio
- Utilize cutting edge technologies (Spark, AWS Glue, AWS Sagemaker etc) to process and mine massive data sets
- Research new data science tools and technologies
- Generate high quality data visualisations
- Drive innovation by contributing new ideas for our data, processes, tools, and technologies
- Document business processes and insights
What You'll Need:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Enthusiasm and passion for working with data to create meaningful insights
- Good understanding of machine learning and statistics
- Proficient in Python
- Exposure to Big Data technologies
- Proficiency in one or more data visualisation tools
- The ability to communicate results clearly and a focus on driving impact
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- The desire to continuously learn and be exposed to new technologies
- Exposure to AWS or Snowflake is a plus
- An interest in the information security space is a plus
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.