|Published||November 10, 2022|
|Location||Welwyn, United Kingdom|
We are seeking a purpose-driven and passionate Data Scientist to join our Medical Affairs team.
In Medical Affairs, we harness the power of science & data to impact our health system while keeping people affected by a disease at the heart of everything we do. This position will be under the joint supervision of the Digital and Data Science Innovation Lead and Personalised Healthcare Digital Solutions Lead.
What you could be working on:
- Leverage technical expertise to collaborate on the development of high-impact Prototypes/PoCs with a NHS organisation
- Significant exploratory data analysis and visualisation
- Advanced data projects that include machine learning techniques (e.g., logistic regression, natural language processing, neural networks (LSTMs / TCNs))
- Collaborate with internal and external Data Engineers, Architects and Data and Analytics specialists to build lasting solutions for clinical development teams
- Generate insights from anonymised healthcare data, with the aim of contributing to scientific publications and abstract submissions
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or similar technical field (or relevant practical experience working in the health informatics domain, eg., the National Health Service, NHS).A combination of one or more of the following:
- Understanding of object oriented programming (OOP) languages used by data scientists (e.g., Python) and version control applications (e.g., GitHub)
- Knowledge of the regulatory issues related to clinical research, and confidentiality / data protection
- Well versed at applying advanced analytical techniques to large and varied data sets, generated and flowing at a rapid rate
- Experience in writing up results for peer-review publications / conference submissions
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Our UK Pharmaceutical head office is situated in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, with beautiful countryside surrounding the area. Supported by major motorways & airports as well as being a 30 minute train ride to London, access is easy. Our award-winning office, known as Hexagon Place, was opened in 2005 and provides a modern, flexible working environment with facilities that are second-to-none. Around 2,000 people work at our Welwyn office in Global Early Development (pRED), Global Product Development (PD), Commercial (Rx) and our Corporate functions.
Roche offer a competitive salary plus the excellent benefits you would expect from a blue-chip organisation. There is a fully equipped gym on-site, a library and information centre, and an active sports and social club. We also have a subsidised staff restaurant providing foods to cater for every taste throughout the day. At the heart of the building is an informal meeting area known as The Street which features a coffee shop, snack machine and cashpoint. A second building on-site, called The Hub, contains modern meeting room and conference facilities. Roche promotes personal well-being and work-life balance. Therefore, flexible working options will be considered for all roles at Roche UK. Roche is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Roche.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Roche Products Ltd. At Roche Products we believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to building a diverse and flexible working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age. We recognise the importance of flexible working and will review all applicants’ requests with care. At Roche difference is valued and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work.