Data Science Fall Intern
|Published||November 6, 2022|
|Location||District of Columbia, United States of America|
Meet Our Team
TheData Science intern is responsible for analyzing customer data, creating reports/dashboards and assisting customers and solutions consultants with interpreting data.
He or she will also be supporting the team Data Scientist in proposing Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Process Mining features for the Workforce Intelligence and Process Mining products. These proposals must be based on analysis of customer data and requirements from customers and product owners. Furthermore, you are responsible for the first implementation and testing of the models, and the design of a maintenance strategy of deployed models.
Picture Yourself At Pega
Pega’s internship program is the perfect platform to help students transition their academic knowledge into a successful professional career. We push great students to be better, we encourage them to take on the biggest challenges, and we also believe that great ideas can come from anyone or anywhere, irrespective of hierarchy or location. The purpose our internships are to provide students with the opportunity to gain valuable business skills, work on real-time, impactful initiatives, and collaborate on a global scale, all while earning a competitive compensation.
What You'll Do At Pega
Artificial Intelligence algorithms and Machine Learning Models
- Design, implement, train, and test AI/ML/PM models.
- Look for ways to improve existing AI/ML models
Other Data Analysis And Stakeholder Support
- Analyze customer data and create reports to assist customers and internal stakeholders with interpreting data.
- Work with stakeholders to stay in touch with customer and product requirements.
- Help with data engineering tasks to improve our analysis capabilities
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated, energetic individual with a can-do attitude and a strong sense of curiosity grounded in data driven mentality.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or degree in a quantitative discipline such as computer science, economics, operations research mathematics, statistics, or engineering
- Strong track record in ability to translate business problems and data findings into understandable and practical solutions.
- Strong SQL and Python coding skills
- Experience with designing and implementing AI/ML models.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong data analysis and data visualization skills, using tools like Tableau or similar.
- Experience with using standard ML libraries, like TensorFlow, SciKitLearn, PyTorch, or similar.
- Be a lifelong learner, so you are always up to date with the latest developments
- Be intellectually humble and a team player. Getting the best result for the team should be your passion.
Pega Offers You
- Opportunities to work with diverse global teams on real-time, impactful projects and initiatives
- Professional development seminars and meet & greets with Pega’s CEO and Founder along with the Executive Leadership Team through our “Coffee Break Series”
- Participation in Pega and intern specific events such as social events, volunteer opportunities, group projects, team outings, etc.
- Potential for full-time offer
- Structured manager and mentor program
- Competitive salary and perks
- Casual and fun environment
Job ID: 18819
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture .
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here .
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement