|Published||November 5, 2022|
|Location||Arlington, United States of America|
GM Financial was founded as Americredit in September 1992 and opened its first branch office in Fort Worth, Texas. On October 10, 2010, Americredit Corp. was acquired by General Motors Company and renamed General Motors Financial Company, Inc. (GM Financial). GM Financial is the captive auto finance company and subsidiary of General Motors and is headquartered in Fort Worth, U.S. We are a global provider of auto finance solutions, with operations in North America, South America and Asia.GM Financial offers many unique opportunities to talented emerging professionals in our Summer Internship Program. As an intern at our company, you'll gain hands-on, real-world experience alongside industry-leading professionals during the 10-week program. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a professional environment and build a strong foundation for your future career.
We are looking for students who are ready to take on stimulating projects and gain exposure to a variety of industry initiatives. GM Financial is hiring a Data Science-Machine Learning Intern looking for experience with coding needed for model deployment or a developer with an understanding of machine learning that is looking for experience with deploying models into production. This intern will join a team of engineers to learn how to research and analyze academic and open source frameworks that are suited for large amounts of data and extract meaningful business information which can be deployed both in on-prem and cloud environments.
During This Internship You Will Gain
- 10 weeks of work experience
- Competitive salary
- Executive and peer networking opportunities
- Independent and team project experiences
- Philanthropic activities
- Career development
- Opportunity to apply for full-time career positions
- Must be a current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Data Science, Math or Statistics with at least one semester remaining upon start of the internship.
- Must possess a minimum of a 3.0 (out of a 4 point scale) overall GPA.
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate Level classification preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. This incumbent will be required to give presentations and communicate with business leaders.
- Experience with Programming languages (Python)
- Experience with Algorithms and Data structures
- Exposure to ML frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, scikit-learn)
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team setting.
- Previous internships considered a plus.
- Must be able to commit to work 40 hours for 10 consecutive weeks during the summer (May 31-August 4, 2023)
- Must participate in all GMF sponsored events for interns.