Data Science And Signal Processing Intern
|Published||October 31, 2022|
|Location||United States, United States of America|
About the job
- Internship program will be onsite at least 2 days a week in San Diego, CA.
The Lytx Applied Machine Learning Group develops machine learning and computer vision algorithms to monitor and assess the state of drivers and their environment to identify risk and improve safety for our clients. The Machine Learning Intern will work on key aspects of the development cycle to help prototype, optimize, and evaluate models in Lytx’s product development pipeline. This is a great opportunity for a student who wants to gain hands-on experience in the world of machine learning and data science.
You’ll Get To
- Apply signal processing methods to critical sensor data for driver risk assessment
- Design, develop, and test software targeted for consuming sensor data to solve key business problems and improve client performance, retention and satisfaction
- Analyze data to find trends, evaluate and compare effectiveness of the developed models, and report statistics on model performance
- Assist on projects led by other team members via data processing, programming, monitoring of an applications already deployed to production, building machine learning models, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Strong statistical and mathematical background
- Working knowledge of Python
- Working knowledge of C++
- Experience with signal processing
- Experience with conventional machine learning techniques and coding packages (e.g. scikit-learn)
- Experience with deep learning development a plus (e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Matlab is a plus
- Basic knowledge of SQL database
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university/college. Preferred: Masters student of highly qualified undergraduate student pursuing a quantitative major (e.g. computer science, electrical engineering, physics, math, etc.)
- Already located in San Diego for the 2023 summer
- Available to work 40 hours/week for a 10 week period over the 2023 summer
- San Diego and surrounding area schools preferred
Innovation Lives Here
You go all in no matter what you do, and so do we. At Lytx, we’re powered by cutting-edge technology and Happy People. You want your work to make a positive impact in the world, and that’s what we do. Join our diverse team of hungry, humble and capable people united to make a difference.
Together, we help save lives on our roadways.
Find out how good it feels to be a part of an inclusive, collaborative team. We’re committed to delivering an environment where everyone feels valued, included and supported to do their best work and share their voices.
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We’re committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.