|Published||February 21, 2023|
Vinted is Europe’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 75+ million registered members in 18 countries. We want to make second-hand the first choice worldwide.
A team of 1,200+ people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, and Amsterdam develop and support our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growth.
Vinted is committed to building an inclusive workplace where people from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion/beliefs, disability or age. We truly believe when we can be fully ourselves, we work better.
Vinterns 2023 is a structured internship programme, where you will spend 85% of your time working directly with your department and 15% on joint projects with your fellow Vinterns to support your growth and development both personally and professionally. It will run from 3 July to 1 September.
Please apply for one internship only.
We’re looking for someone who likes to work in a fast-changing environment, and is passionate about the product we’re building together. You will primarily work in a product domain alongside other Decision Scientists, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers. You will also be part of the cross-domain Data Science & Analytics (DSA) guild where you will interact and learn from all data people in Vinted.
Within Data Science & Analytics (DSA) we have three distinct roles.
- Analytics Engineers are responsible for data curation – translating data needs from stakeholders into architecting, building and maintaining efficient & reliable data models and pipelines.
- Decision Scientists are responsible for actionable insights, identifying and sizing opportunities, and automated tools that increase the quality of product and business decisions by applying statistical methods and data-driven decision making.
- Data Scientists are responsible for identification of algorithmic opportunities, ensuring those opportunities are addressed in an optimal fashion and design, development and maintenance of production-grade statistical and machine learning algorithms.
This is a Decision Scientist internship.
In this position, you will:
- Learn how to work in a complex modern company environment
- Develop practical analytical skills by solving real analytical problems
- Help other Decision Scientists with ad hoc questions
- Willing to learn new things
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Passionate about delivering data driven insights to various stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Ready to commit, own and create
- Familiar with SQL and can comfortably pull data out from a SQL database
- Have coding basics in at least one language (Python / R preferrable)
- Statistics background (at least 1 semester course. Education focus on statistics / econometrics preferred)
The Recruitment process: 27th of March - 8th of May:
- Vinted Values Assessment
- Homework Assignment
Every member of the Vinterns 2023 will have access to some special perks:
- Be a part of a company with a culture that includes, empowers and values junior employees
- A Shop@Vinted budget
- All the tech you’ll need to work comfortably
- Internship pay is 1039 Eur GROSS / month.
We are using a hybrid workplace model at Vinted for the foreseeable future. Hybrid means that we encourage working from the office 2-3 days a week per your team agreement.
The application window closes on the 26th of March 2023. Allow us several days to reply before reaching out to us again.