|Published||April 15, 2023|
|Location||Princeton, United States of America|
Job DescriptionWorking with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At BMS, digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients’ lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we must unleash the power of technology. We are committed to being at the forefront of transforming the way medicine is made and delivered by harnessing the power of computer and data science, artificial intelligence, and other technologies to promote scientific discovery, faster decision making, and enhanced patient care.
Our Digital and Information Technology team is growing to accelerate innovation and strengthen our company’s digital foundation, and we are looking for bright, motivated, and inquisitive individuals who want to kickstart their career and work on disruptive technology that makes a positive impact on healthcare. If you want an exciting and rewarding career that is meaningful, consider joining our diverse team! BMS is looking to add passionate, energetic, and innovative professionals to our team.
Digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients’ lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we must unleash the power of technology. We are seeking passionate individuals in all areas of engineering and development, including but not limited to:
- Tech Development Configuration
- Tech Design & Architecture
- UI/UX Development
- Software/Application Development
- Data Engineering and Science
- Machine Learning
We are also hosting a live DigITal Showcase event in March for which you may be invited to speak with our business leaders and interview for specific roles and opportunities.
We invite you to apply to this talent form and join our talent community
The selected candidate’s responsibilities may include:
- Drive end-to-end data analytics solutions starting with understanding the business requirements, exploring large amount of diverse historical data, developing machine learning models, assessing new approaches, and building prototypes to advance business use cases and/or deliver business value related to clinical trial, supply chain, commercial or financial execution and submissions
- Engage and collaborate with a diverse team of business stakeholders, business analysts, data scientists, technical engineers, data architects, solution architects, and project managers to develop data analysis plan and execute on it to deliver business outcomes that help drive time, cost, quality, and efficiency within the functional area aligned with business needs
- Translate unstructured, complex business problems into data and information needs and deliver the appropriate data, modeling, and/or analytical solutions. Where applicable, build automated data pipelines that curate and integrate data from multiple sources into datasets ready for analytic use.
- Develop data visualizations and/or dashboards in Tableau or Spotfire to facilitate metrics reporting & monitoring, insights consumption, and additional analyses
- Build reusable tools and/or libraries to streamline the data analytics pipeline and sharing knowledge
- Act as a subject matter expert in analytical methodologies to research, recommend, and implement state-of-the-art and/or traditional modeling techniques that is most appropriate for the business problem at hand
- Ready to do maintenance, troubleshooting, refactoring, unit-testing, integration testing, code packaging, dockerization, and documentation of large-scale projects
- Develop and apply MLOps skills to support CI/CD pipelines, as well as work with AWS tools such as S3 buckets, lambda functions, step functions, EC2, etc. to support solution
- Mentor and/or provide code review for other colleagues to ensure work is delivered to robust quality standards
Desired Candidate Characteristics
- Have a strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion for healthcare
- Ability to understand the needs of the business and commitment to deliver the best user experience and adoption
- Able to collaborate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative and inquisitive nature to ask questions, offer bold ideas and challenge the status quo
- Agility to learn new tools and processes
- Communicate results as an easy-to-understand storyline to explain the approach, associated limitations, and any data-driven insights to business leads
- Lead initiatives related to continuous improvement or implementation of new technologies
- Works independently on most deliverables
- Responsible for the direct management of a team including results/outcomes, goal setting, performance management, coaching
Qualifications and Experience in any of the following areas
- 4-6+ years of previous technical experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate within the context of the intended audience, whether that be senior executives or highly technical engineering resources.
- Technical experience supporting, developing, and implementing data applications (skills like Python, R, Distributed data processing using Spark, Tableau, Spotfire, AWS S3 or AWS RDS as examples)
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.