|Published||November 2, 2022|
About the job
The Core Search team is extremely data driven and without good metrics we can’t make a good product. Come help us make high quality metrics so there can be a globally competitive market for online search.
- Measurement: Define, invent, and deliver metrics which accurately measure the quality of online information, and the satisfaction/success of our customers.
- Models: Develop ML/Statistical models to measure/predict the quality of online content and/or user interactions with large scale AI systems.
- Experimental Design: Think critically about sampling and experimental design. Developing innovative strategies and products in these areas.
- Crowdsourcing: Apply behavioral insights, game theory, and social scientific understanding to measure and improve the performance of a global workforce employed to label online content.
- Strategy: Translate strategy into plans that are clear and measurable, with progress shared out monthly to stakeholders
- Cooperation: Partner effectively with program management, engineers, and other areas of the business
- Degree in data science or related field (statistics, computer science, economics, physics, computational linguistics, etc)
- Fluent in English and Excellent communication skills
- MS or PhD in data science or related field (statistics, computer science, economics, etc)
- Experience with human-in-the-loop machine learning.
- Experience with real world system building and data collection, including design, coding and evaluation
- Customer focused, strategic, drives for results, is self-motivated, and has a propensity for action
- Fantastic problem solver: ability to solve problems that the world has not solved before
- Industry data science experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.