|Published||May 16, 2023|
|Location||Mountain View, United States of America|
Own Your Future.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Graduate Level Data Analysis/Engineering Intern in either Mt. View, CA or the surrounding area.
Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year.
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for:
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance.
MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.
For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com.
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Graduate Level Data Analysis/Engineering Intern to support our autonomy test and evaluation team supporting multiple Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) portfolios. This is a hybrid position and the selected candidate may be required to travel to the DIU Headquarters in Mountain View, CA and the nearby vicinity.
- Conduct research and development on new approaches to test and evaluate AI/ML prototype systems
- Work with commercial vendors independently on training and validation datasets during T&E and develop scripts for data analysis
- Develop a robust process on existing deficiencies within the organization that could be adopted by the portfolio PMs
- Assist in data collection and analysis activities with PMs and commercial/government partners
- Candidate will be in the process of obtaining a Masters or Ph.D. degree (Ph.D. strongly preferred) in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related fields
- Experience with drones or autonomous vehicles
- Experience with one or more of the following domains Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Robotics, Aerospace, other related area
- Skills with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
- Requires willingness to accept changing and evolving roles & responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and needs
- Ability to effectively work remotely
- Innovative mindset
- Experience with small, unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS) or autonomous vehicles
- Test & Evaluation experience
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or equivalent.
- Ability to qualify for and maintain a government Secret level security clearance. Current active Secret level clearance preferred.
- US Citizenship Required
If you're passionate about innovation and have a desire to work on cutting-edge technology, this internship with MTSI is the perfect opportunity for you. Join us today and be part of the team that's shaping the future of autonomy.