|Published||October 12, 2023|
|Location||New York, United States of America|
This role is with CVS. Upon completing this, you will receive an email with the official application link as well as other suggestions.
Our internship experience is an 11-week full-time opportunity that starts on May 31, 2023 and concludes on August 11, 2023
This position is generally remote in nature at this time but will present in-person opportunities during the program.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive, and patient focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
Analytics & Behavior Change is an innovation engine supporting the entire CVS Health organization (Aetna health care business, retail, and pharmacy services) by embedding deep insights into key decision processes and focusing on our biggest, most complex problems. We partner with business leaders throughout the organization using advanced analytics tools, modeling, and machine learning to generate insights by using data to create meaningful impact. Were focused on creating new opportunities that drive change across the enterprise in areas such as:
• Customer experience and behavior change
• Clinical trial recruitment and engagement
• Digital health
• Provider efficiency and effectiveness
• Patient safety
• Health care cost savings
• Clinical services/care management
• Fraud, waste, and abuse detection/prevention
We are inspired to make a difference through data by making health care human-centered and connecting people to the information they need to feel the joy of achieving their best health. Our opportunities in Data Science and Data Engineering are designed to enhance your personal and professional growth and build the skills that lead to success. Analytics & Behavior Change has the feel of a startup within one of the nations largest companies, and were looking for people who are motivated by solving tough challenges to join us in transforming health care.one line of code at a time.
What you will do:
• Work with analytics teams and our business partners to understand their goals and objectives
• Use programming skills, predictive/statistical modeling, and analysis to analyze large volumes of structured and unstructured data, determine analytical approaches, and evaluate potential outcomes
• Generate insights connecting analytical results with business problems/goals and present recommendations to internal teams and business partners
• Help design programs/campaigns to improve the quality of health care, lower costs, and help our members and customers achieve their best health
Our corporate interns have an increased likelihood of receiving an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
Work visa sponsorship is available for this role. This includes participation in Curricular Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), and F-1 Visa programs.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Knowledge of data science techniques including statistical analysis and modeling
• Experience in R or Python and SQL
• Meet educational requirements (see Education section)
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking ability
• Ability to clearly present technical concepts and implications to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership experience. Examples include active roles in student or social organization activities, sports, or school or work-related projects
• Internship or work experience in related field such as business or healthcare
• Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health upon graduation
Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree program with an expected graduation date between September 2023 and August 2024
Have a major, minor or concentration relevant to the position. Examples include: Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Health Data Science