|Published||January 17, 2023|
We are looking for one of the most interesting startups in earth observation. The company, based in switzerland and milan, is a consultancy and applied research company that combines earth observation, data science and machine learning to provide new insights into complex societal, environmental and economic problems.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Applied Computer Vision Developer / Engineer to create computer vision and artificial intelligence pipelines to automatically process and extract relevant geo-spatial information from remote sensing data such as satellite and street-level imagery. In collaboration with other scientists and engineers, you will work on different applications based on automatic classification, segmentation, but also geodata processing and spatial modeling.
- to coordinate with GIS Data Analysts/Programmers to complete all life-cycle phases of Software development projects.
- to help set priorities in projects and tasks and those of the team, balancing importance and urgency.
- provide insight and support to other team members on a variety of technical tasks.
- maintain a good understanding of NPGS Database contents and specifications, as well as the various tools and technologies
- Professional experience in machine learning / deep learning applied to computer vision.
- Solid computer science and IT background and experience with Linux environment.
- Excellent knowledge of modern software engineering principles (e.g., continuous integration, code reviews, incremental delivery and version control).
- Knowledge of (spatial) databases, cloud computing containers and networking.
- Strong analytical, assessment and problem-solving skills, creativity, quickly able to prototype and validate new ideas or approaches