|Published||January 11, 2023|
|Location||Boca Raton, United States of America|
What you will do
You will be part of a team working on the cutting edge of what’s possible with machine learning and computer vision within retail. We are looking for a resource with a specialization in Computer Vision and Deep Learning. Our group has a directive to advance the state of the art in retail analytics. You will have autonomy to experiment with video to tackle some of modern retail’s most sophisticated problems.
How you will do it
- Design and build machine learning systems that solve difficult problems involving big data/information retrieval/recommendation systems
- Ability to technically lead and guide a team of machine learning specialists
- Provide creative and useful analysis for our retail customers.
- Find data that is predictive for retail businesses.
- Ability to understand what moves the needle for our customers and explore data that could be helpful. The ideal person will be able to do this without much direction.
- Ability to find, source, and store unique data sets that may be useful for analysis (e.g. go get Google Analytics data and add it to your model)
- Ability to design & build data analysis environment with Hadoop
- Deploy models to production for use by our applications
- Coach new ML engineers on real world techniques
- Lead expectation among partners within the enterprise
- Ensure that models are shipped to production and available to other teams
What we look for
- M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning/AI, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics. (certifications not required with substantial practical experience)
- 5+ years building machine learning systems and analyzing large data sets with modern tools
- Passion for Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Deep Learning
- Experience with Python, SQL database management, and Linux
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (specifically CloudML, Big Query and Data Proc)
- Other platforms taken into consideration
- Demonstrated ability to design the structure of very large data sets
- Familiarity with Oracle, MongoDB, flat files, and other data sources for analysis
- Demonstrated exploration of new techniques and ongoing skill development
- Leadership experience strongly preferred
- Implementation experience with vision algorithms (CNN, R-CNN, YOLO)
- ML frameworks (e.g. Keras, TensorFlow, Caffe)
- Hadoop (HBase, Hive, Pig, RHadoop)
- Spark (MLlib)
- GPU optimization of ML algorithms
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.