|Published||December 8, 2022|
|Location||Mountain View, United States of America|
Title: Computer Vision Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: AR Platform Lab
Location: Mountain View, CA
As part of MPS (Mobile Platform Services) and SRA, you will be a member of the Advanced Research Team focusing on XR technologies. AVT is focused on both commercial and next gen technologies that impact Samsung’s vision for the next few years. As such you will be working on commercial-level products as well as papers and patents.
The computer vision algorithm engineer will work with the team on researching and developing on-device computer vision and machine learning technologies across Samsung’s products. You will balance research and product and contribute to creating innovative solutions with prototype and production-level reliability for AR/VR solutions. This role will have a greater focus on 3D CV tools and techniques.
- A master's degree or higher (or equivalent industry experience) in computer vision, machine learning, or related fields.
- Solid foundation in computer vision; key areas of interest include camera tracking, visual SLAM, multiple view geometry, 3D reconstruction, detection and recognition, 3D scene comprehension, camera calibration, camera transformation, etc.
- Solid understanding of deep learning algorithms and experience with bringing machine learning technologies into research, product systems. This includes depth from image, object recognition, panoptic segmentation, etc. NeRF experience is a plus.
- Experience with imaging sensors and depth sensors desirable.
- Solid foundation in software development and related tools.
- Proficiency in C, C++ programming language and at least one another prototyping language such as Python.
- Strong teamwork, communication skills, passion, productivity, and self-learning ability.
- Experience with graphics pipeline, GPGPU computing with OpenCL and Vulkan, OpenXR is a plus.
- Experience with Unity is a plus.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.