Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer
|Published||February 8, 2023|
|Location||Southfield, United States of America|
Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer
Location: Southfield, MI (Hybrid)
Duration: Full Time/Direct Hire
Kelly Technology is currently recruiting for a Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer to work in hybrid model in Southfield, MI. The ideal candidate will have a PhD or MS and 2-3 years’ experience in VLSI programming and design. Candidates need to have advanced C/C++/Python programming skills and understand sensor system interactions. You should also have experience developing and implementing signal processing and sensor fusion algorithms. If you’re passionate about driving tomorrow’s technological innovations and are ready to take the next step in your career, trust The Experts at Hiring Experts.
Salary/Pay Rate/Compensation: 145k
This client is leader in active safety and restraint control systems.
This role will encompass work on a variety of projects, helping build algorithms to solve some of the most interesting challenges on driver safety. You will work with advanced development engineering teams and lead the development of algorithms and models on in-house algorithms to reduce traffic fatalities and save lives. Safety is our focus. You will develop algorithms and technology to prevent accidents and minimize occupant injuries and deaths.
- Development and analysis of machine learning applications for advanced safety-critical projects
- Develop and implement novel algorithms in the Interior Sensing space using C++ and/or Python
- Interface with a team of software, machine learning, embedded, mechanical, and electrical engineers to drive multidisciplinary research projects forward
- Lead the development of algorithm specifications, FMEAs, robustness disciplines and design validation plans
- Understand sensor system interactions to identify potential improvements and trade-offs. Identify changes needed to improve performance and meet objectives
- Support development and testing of prototypes in vehicles
- Development and implementation of signal processing and sensor fusion algorithms, including real-time data processing from onboard systems
- A MS or PhD degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Advanced C/C++/Python programming skills
- Knowledge of image processing applied in automotive industry (classification, feature extraction, multi-scale signal analysis, projection, OpenCV)
- Basic knowledge of traditional Machine learning and Neural net classifiers
- Passion for cutting-edge computer vision/machine learning technologies and product delivery
- Understanding of software development best practices: object-oriented programming, testing, and version control
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience/knowledge in software development on embedded platform .
- Experience with Git, Gitlab, Jira, Agile, and Codebeamer
- Production SW/algorithm development experience
- Previous experience in a similar position – min 3 years
- 5+ years of experience in cameras, optics, or related field
- Experience in Scrum/Auto-Scrum development process
- Fluent in machine learning relevant tools (Keras, Tensorflow, Weka, Pytorch)
- Experience using ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience using SQL
What happens next:
Once you apply, you’ll proceed to next steps if your skills and experience look like a good fit. But don’t worry – even if this position doesn’t work out, you’re still in the Kelly Technology network. That means our team of expert technology recruiters will have access to your profile, making your opportunities limitless.