|Published||January 29, 2023|
|Location||Newport News, United States of America|
In this key role, you will provide data engineering support to implement or improve production equipment and/or systems including, but not limited to, automated assembly, process lines and manufacturing processes; with a heavy focus on implementing new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, IoT, etc.
You will also improve and add on to existing architecture to support changing data requirements and optimize system performance; performs ETL processes to put data in a format to support activities for Data Scientists.
- Develops tools and works on integrating disparate systems using ETL.
- Designs and implements scalable, reliable distributed data processing frameworks and analytical infrastructures using multiple technologies.
- Designs clean, efficient, robust and reliable solutions that deliver on requirements as well as advising on data centric designs that are secure, stable and scalable.
- Implements and provides technical input for data analytics architecture and platform decisions for both the back-end data processing and the front-end data visualization/statistical components.
- Performs and reviews designs and solutions for data manipulation, data preparation, and data movement processes for a variety of scenarios from simple file-based export/import to enterprise-grade ETL workflows connecting multiple structured and unstructured endpoints
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assists in the resolution of data issues.
- Participates in code reviews to ensure all code meets quality and security standards
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues in existing systems.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Experience working with streaming Industrial IoT data using OPC and MQTT.
- Basic System Architect Abilities/Knowledge – Comfortable with the below concepts: Networking - Subnets, VLANs, Firewalls, Routing
- Basic Experience with Desktop and Server Administration - Linux, Microsoft Windows, VMWare, Scripting
- Previous work with predictive maintenance in an industrial setting is a major plus.
- Experience working with SCADA systems, specifically Ignition, is a plus.
- Experience developing and/or administering RDBMS systems like PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Rapidminer is a plus.