Classification Data Scientist
|Published||March 11, 2023|
|Location||New York, United States of America|
Classification Data Scientist
About Your Role:
Dotdash Meredith is the largest premium publisher in the world. Every day tens of millions of people come to us for help and inspiration. Our library of hundreds of thousands of articles help our users, and help us understand the evolving needs of a world recovering from the pandemic and dealing with day to day challenges. As a classification expert, you will work with this incredible dataset to group and classify our content, and understand our users' needs. This understanding will be used to power our content investments, user facing initiatives, and how we work with partners. This role requires a deep understanding of classification and NLP, and will partner closely with our expert taxonomists.
About your contributions:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and formulate data-driven solutions.
- Develop, train, and validate classification models on large datasets.
- Utilize advanced machine learning techniques to improve model accuracy and performance.
- Work closely with taxonomists and business partners to identify and prioritize classification needs.
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate models into production systems.
- Monitor model performance in production and make improvements as necessary.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in machine learning and bring new techniques and technologies to the team.
- PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in data science and machine learning with a strong focus in the area of classification.
- Excellent data science fundamentals, with a solid grasp of statistics and modeling techniques.
- Strong programming skills in Python and experience with standard data science tools and libraries (Pandas, NumPy, Scipy, NLTK, Spark, Docker, TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, etc.).
- Experience deploying machine learning models in production on at least one cloud platform (GCP, AWS, etc.).
- Experience with scaled use of LLMs (such as GPT-3) strongly preferred, including insights into the pros and cons of their usage.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Able to independently and fluently translate business needs to data problems.
- Excellent ability to communicate results and progress to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Proven history of leading projects from start to finish and shipping high quality, scalable code.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities from numerous stakeholders with quick turnarounds.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively.
It is the policy of Meredith Operations Corporation ("Dotdash Meredith", "the Company") to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing email@example.com.
The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
The Company participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: https://www.e-verify.gov/employees
Salary: $113,475 - $164,560
The pay range above represents the anticipated low and high end of the pay range for this position and may change in the future. Actual pay may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Dotdash Meredith’s total compensation package for employees. Other compensation may include annual bonuses, and short- and long-term incentives. In addition, Dotdash Meredith provides to employees (and their eligible family members) a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, unlimited paid time off (PTO), adoption or surrogate assistance, donation matching, tuition reimbursement, basic life insurance, basic accidental death & dismemberment, supplemental life insurance, supplemental accident insurance, commuter benefits, short term and long term disability, health savings and flexible spending accounts, family care benefits, a generous 401K savings plan with a company match program, 10-12 paid holidays annually, and generous paid parental leave (birthing and non-birthing parents), all of which may vary depending on the specific nature of your employment with Dotdash Meredith and your work location. We also offer voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, accident, critical and hospital indemnity health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance.