|Published||March 17, 2023|
|Location||New York, United States of America|
Fusemachines is an artificial intelligence talent and education solutions company dedicated to democratizing AI. Headquartered in New York,US with operations in Dominican Republic, Canada, and Nepal, it is a 300+ company. Fusemachines' AI educational program has made world-class AI education available, accessible and affordable to students around the world. Fusemachines helps organizations identify opportunities where AI can be best utilized to transform and grow their business.
About the Role
This is a full-time position.
As a classification expert, you will work with this incredible dataset to group and classify our content and understand our users' needs. This understanding will be used to power our content investments, user-facing initiatives, and how we work with partners. This role requires a deep understanding of classification and NLP, and will partner closely with our expert taxonomists.
About your contributions:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and formulate data-driven solutions.
- Develop, train, and validate classification models on large datasets.
- Utilize advanced machine learning techniques to improve model accuracy and performance.
- Work closely with taxonomists and business partners to identify and prioritize classification needs.
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate models into production systems.
- Monitor model performance in production and make improvements as necessary.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in machine learning and bring new techniques and technologies to the team.
- PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in data science and machine learning with a strong focus in the area of classification.
- Excellent data science fundamentals, with a solid grasp of statistics and modeling techniques.
- Strong programming skills in Python and experience with standard data science tools and libraries (Pandas, NumPy, Scipy, NLTK, Spark, Docker, TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, etc.).
- Experience deploying machine learning models in production on at least one cloud platform (GCP, AWS, etc.).
- Experience with scaled use of LLMs (such as GPT-3) strongly preferred, including insights into the pros and cons of their usage.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Able to independently and fluently translate business needs to data problems.
- Excellent ability to communicate results and progress to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Proven history of leading projects from start to finish and shipping high quality, scalable code.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities from numerous stakeholders with quick turnarounds.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.