Big Data Scientist for military aviation (d/m/f)
|Published||February 15, 2023|
A vacancy for a Big Data Scientist for military aviation (d/f/m) in our Big Data Team (Working Mode: Agile Scrum) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join “TASSI6 - Data Diagnostics & Analysis Systems”.
The project you will be working on represents Airbus Defence and Space's analytics capabilities at our largest customers and has the ambition to be the cornerstone for data consolidation and analytics for our largest flight programmes (FCAS, Eurofighter).
It delivers improved performance and customer experience and enables a rapid understanding of the potential of digitalisation for our customers.
You will be at the forefront of further developing our Data Analytics solutions. The main task will be to find new ways to address challenges with data and digital technologies and support the creation of new services.
We are in production and already have a large pool of data.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
Product discovery and maturation:
- Ask the right questions to support the discovery process
- Identify the data-analytics problems that offer the greatest opportunities to the organization
- Perform exploratory data analysis using visualization and sense
- You are or will be familiar with our business and actively follow market trends
- You present your findings to stakeholders using visualisation and other means
- Collating data and "data wrangling", i.e. transforming, cleansing and linking it with other data.
- Providing data sets for machine data models; determining relationships between data source attributes
- Apply data mining techniques to carry out statistical analysis.
- Create and validate models, also but not only using ML
- Exploratory analyses of data, extraction of specific content, patching, and statistical analysis
- Develop and implement programme prototypes and production code, mainly in Python
- Supporting the execution of proof-of-concept and ad-hoc requests within the Eurofighter community
- Development and handling of MCMC simulations, as well as output analysis.
- Driving new working methods and new data governance models.
- Presenting results to diverse audiences; from engineers to managers
- Sharing and exchanging knowledge with other teams and working closely with the different support teams and the design office.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- M.Sc. (ideally Ph.D.) in statistics, physics, mathematics, computer science, or a related field
- Deep knowledge and expertise in data analysis and statistical interpretations of data (e.g. probability distributions, statistical tests, Bayesian inference)
- Expertise in pre-processing, cleansing, and feature engineering
- Expertise in Machine Learning
- Good working knowledge of Python (in particular: pySpark, pandas, matplotlib, etc.)
- Secure handling of Unix systems
- Ideally: Expertise in DevOps and/or coding in a production environment, as well as basic knowledge of SQL technologies and databases
- Optional: Experience with visualisation tools (e.g. Spotfire)
What do we offer:
- Challenging tasks for/with unique services and products
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
- Comprehensive on-boarding included
- Exciting development opportunities and perspectives
- Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
- Flexible working hours
- Compatibility of work and family life
- Attractive remuneration
- Company Pension Scheme
- Good connections to public transport and local parking facilities
- Catering facilities on site
- Attractive salary and special payments
- 30 days holidays and extra days-off for special occasions
- Excellent upskilling opportunities and great development prospects
- Special benefits: employer-funded pension, employee stock options, discounted car leasing, special conditions for insurances, subsidies for public transport, employee benefits at cooperating companies
- On-site-facilities: Medical officer for check-ups and other health-related services, canteen and cafeteria, kindergarten close to the site
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Customer Eng.&Technical Support&Services <JF-CS-PS>
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to email@example.com.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.