|Published||February 15, 2023|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Audio Software Intern Engineer
Audio Software Intern Engineer
1 Year Fixed-term contract
The Platform Software Design Division in London consists of software engineering teams and a test team working on Audio, Graphics, VR and Game Technologies.
We develop innovative technologies that push the boundaries of play, helping game developers make the best games on PlayStation by creating a world class SDK.
As part of the Platform Software Design Division, the Audio SDK team looks after research and development of audio features on the platform including 3D audio, mastering, audio propagation and procedural audio.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for an Intern Engineer to help with the research and creation of ground breaking technology for the PlayStation platforms, focusing on 3D audio.
The successful candidate will work hands-on with the latest audio technologies, feeding directly into the output of the Audio SDK team.
The engineering role includes the following responsibilities:
- Research and develop groundbreaking audio processing tools and algorithms
- Help support the output of the London Audio SDK team
- Specialize in areas such as 3D audio (HRTFs) and audio propagation
- Apply knowledge to improve current systems and/or understanding of information
- Implementing working prototypes, plugins and/or demos
And may offer the following opportunities:
- Work directly with PlayStation development hardware
- Cross-collaborate with different teams/departments/projects
- Influence decisions made by development teams
- Dedicated innovation time to explore related interests (inc. group hackathons)
The role is flexible, and the responsibilities and opportunities will be tailored to suit the interests and skills of the individual.
What we are looking for:
- Programming and prototyping skills (C/C++ or Python)
- Passionate and knowledgeable on audio topics
- Self-motivated, driven and ambitious
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic concepts of signal processing
- Other programming languages (MATLAB etc.)
- Knowledge of 3D audio and/or HRTF processing algorithms
- Game audio tools and middleware experience (Unreal, Unity, WWISE)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques
- Knowledge of acoustics
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.