Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Research Scientist- Autonomous Systems
|Published||January 29, 2023|
|Location||Cambridge, United States of America|
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, is a world leader in the development of highly autonomous aircraft. We are searching for a talented and self-motivated individual to work on cutting-edge research in AI/ML technology applied to unmanned aircraft systems, aerospace, and defense.
- Develop and apply AI/ML algorithms to technical challenges relevant to aerospace and defense.
- Support the rapid development of innovative prototypes to demonstrate AI-enabled autonomous systems.
- Support the planning and execution of research and development programs.
- Collaborate with external partners, including MIT and other research institutions, to conduct joint research projects.
- Work closely with other researchers and engineers at Aurora and Boeing to mature and transfer autonomy technology from simulation to the real world.
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Expertise in advanced AI/ML techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. Person (U.S. citizen or a permanent resident/Green Card holder).
- Experience with one or more technical areas: robotics (perception, planning, controls), computer vision, human-computer interaction (HCI), natural language processing (NLP), or data science.
- Experience with modern neural networks and deep learning frameworks, such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Familiarity with cloud computing or edge computing.
- Experience with robotics, autonomous systems, or small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS/drones).
- Experience writing research proposals for government agencies.
Aurora Company Overview
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.